Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

Two things I totally smh at.....Carr’s record being constantly brought up, but mcdummy gets a pass with certain posters....lmao! And calling jimmy glass a “Super Bowl” QB with FLIPPIN ZERO CONTEXT as far as defenses are concerned, one played with bottom 10 the other with top 10. Again lmfao!!!  Mcdummy can go 6-11 for 3 straight seasons and some people will still thank him for cutting Carr, fact!!! And no, again I ain’t crying about Carr.....I’m just pointing out obvious slants for certain “other” narratives 👍🤣

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, massraider said:

Raiders fans been crying about LB for I dunno how many years, and don't want good WRs. 

Check the WR and LB for Super Bowl teams. It's not 1995, it's 2023.

I don't think anyone is asking us to invest a ton at LB, but it's tiring to see our LBs get abused in pass coverage year after year. I think we have tried in the past, but for whatever reason, our LBs remain bad. I was cool with the Meyers signing though. He's pretty good.

32 minutes ago, massraider said:

Raiders fans been crying about LB for I dunno how many years, and don't want good WRs. 

Who has said they dont want good WRs?
The Raiders have legit used a ton of resources signing and drafing  WRs? 
If having good WRs is all it took for a SB wed have a chance. 

Unfortunately its a balance. 
To look at a superbowl teams roster at 1 position to make any sort of decision on how to build a roster is silly.

23 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I don't think anyone is asking us to invest a ton at LB, but it's tiring to see our LBs get abused in pass coverage year after year. I think we have tried in the past, but for whatever reason, our LBs remain bad. I was cool with the Meyers signing though. He's pretty good.

Was watching a vid the other day and they were discussing the LB position. They said that there are only a handful of LBs in the league that can actually cover and almost every team bemoans the lack of LBs they have that can cover.

There are just so few genuinely quality players in that position, they tend to be elite and the drop off after then is big. There’s a whole group of average or even seen as above average LBs who are terrible in coverage - people clambering for Devin White and to bring back Perryman for example.

Im not saying the FO shouldn’t have done more and I think they should attack it like QB - pick them up holding you hit on one of those elite ones, because when you do it transforms your D. They’re just so rare though…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Was watching a vid the other day and they were discussing the LB position. They said that there are only a handful of LBs in the league that can actually cover and almost every team bemoans the lack of LBs they have that can cover.

There are just so few genuinely quality players in that position, they tend to be elite and the drop off after then is big. There’s a whole group of average or even seen as above average LBs who are terrible in coverage - people clambering for Devin White and to bring back Perryman for example.

Im not saying the FO shouldn’t have done more and I think they should attack it like QB - pick them up holding you hit on one of those elite ones, because when you do it transforms your D. They’re just so rare though…

Yeah that's true. You're spot on. I thought about that a bit more after I posted.

25 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Who has said they dont want good WRs?
The Raiders have legit used a ton of resources signing and drafing  WRs? 
If having good WRs is all it took for a SB wed have a chance. 

Unfortunately its a balance. 
To look at a superbowl teams roster at 1 position to make any sort of decision on how to build a roster is silly.

Who said WR is all it takes?

Who said look at one position to build an entire roster?

Did you quote me by accident?

1 hour ago, massraider said:

Really.

Quote them? 

Most I've read is people posting the possibility of trading a pick for Patrick Queen or Devin White but most fans here have admitted that Devin White's asking price for his contract is too much.  

2 hours ago, massraider said:

I'll quote you.

Regarding WR posts, I've made a handful of posts joking about how many WRs we currently have on our roster.  I may have made those jokes but I understand we really only have 11 and during the offseason we can have up to 90 players.  So it's really not all that crazy.

We all want good WRs, I don't even understand why you'd say that.  Seriously, I would love to see you quote a post where someone literally said they don't want good WRs.  I know I've never seen it and I'd bet a fat chunk of cash that it's never been said in this Raiders forum.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Quote them? 

Most I've read is people posting the possibility of trading a pick for Patrick Queen or Devin White but most fans here have admitted that Devin White's asking price for his contract is too much.  

I'll quote you.

Regarding WR posts, I've made a handful of posts joking about how many WRs we currently have on our roster.  I may have made those jokes but I understand we really only have 11 and during the offseason we can have up to 90 players.  So it's really not all that crazy.

We all want good WRs, I don't even understand why you'd say that.  Seriously, I would love to see you quote a post where someone literally said they don't want good WRs.  I know I've never seen it and I'd bet a fat chunk of cash that it's never been said in this Raiders forum.

Somebody literally just said we didn't need Jacoby Meyer's,who is a good WR.

Edited by raidr4life

On 5/18/2023 at 10:13 AM, Jeremy408 said:

They actually lost assets if you think about it:

With Carr, they lost 5 mil 

With Waller, they gain a 3rd only to use it on a wr that they didn't need while having to use a 2nd to find his replacement.

That’s an interesting way to look at it I guess, never thought if it like that.

QB we got a bit worse but saved a reasonable amount, TE we might have actually improved overall and saved a significant amount.

24 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Somebody literally just said we didn't need Jacoby Meyers who is a good WR.

thats different than saying you dont want good WRs though no? 
we have Adams who is all pro, Renfrow is definitely good. 
no one is saying they dont want good wrs. 

they say we have good wrs, we dont need more, maybe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

thats different than saying you dont want good WRs though no? 
we have Adams who is all pro, Renfrow is definitely good. 
no one is saying they dont want good wrs. 

they say we have good wrs, we dont need more, maybe. 

I guess you can leave it open to interpretation, but he could have said we don't need Sims or any of those other bottom WR'S, but he said Meyer's a legit #2 WR we didn't have last year who is a good WR, so in this case him saying we didn't need him sounds alot like he didn't want him.

• Like 1