Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

19 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

The only thing I remember for sure is 12 wins being thrown out there.  I can't say for sure that specific predictions of GB winning the division were being made.

I don't know if I was saying they would definitely get 12 wins, But the schedule was pillow soft and the division aside from the lions isn't that great, so I certainly did believe that a team with this schedule could win 12 games and didn't even have to be that good.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

The problem with this plan is that when he does it again, his next contract will reset the QB market and be well over 50M/YR.

If GB could get Love to sign at something like 5Y/200M they should be all over that.  I'm thinking Love will be extended prior to 2024, and I expect the actual numbers to be higher than 40M/YR.

Fair, but that's again back to how this plan was implemented. I have nothing wrong with Love. Simply his bosses boss.

That's a good problem to have, as long as it's also noted ARods deal was fine at 50 million. Because mediocre QBs get stupid money too.

This year is super strange with QB play. Normally excellent players are looking average as hell, and over the hill guys like Flacco, random rookies, backups/3td stringers, and a drafts Mr irrelevant all at different times look like world beaters.

Oddest year in a long time for that position group, so much so that a non QB should finally win a MVP, but likely won't anyways.

Overall gist of it is, QB play this year looks off. I don't know why, but it is. Love makes the throws he should make as an NFL player, and sometimes he misses wildly. I don't get many wow plays out of the guy, but the head scratchers are becoming fewer and far between. Why I guess only his coaches know.

Edited by Laces Out

On 12/27/2023 at 10:36 AM, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't mind him getting paid, just want to see it structured in a way so we can compete in the free agent market in the years to come.  Adding vets has been a strong suit of Gute's, when he's actually had the dough to participate.  We need to be sharp fiscally from here on out.

I'm sure it'll work out haha. Don't think this is something to worry about.  Our money guys know how to money.

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

With one of the most inexperienced WR/TE groups in many years....without ever once having a single game with all of them available. Not bad for yr1 as the starter

Had that tough stretch in the middle, but has been top line since.  He's getting better and better.  Dare I say that the sky is the limit.  This is a slick offense when it's firing on all cylinders. 

7 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

With one of the most inexperienced WR/TE groups in many years....without ever once having a single game with all of them available. Not bad for yr1 as the starter

And he just passed the yardage for Bears relevancy lol. We did it again. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

And he just passed the yardage for Bears relevancy lol. We did it again. 

Packers been doing it right at figuring out the hardest position in the league yet can never seem to solve their defense smh. It's a blessing and a curse

Love is two throws away from being a legitimate MVP candidate. 

Complete the intercepted passes in the end zone against the Raiders and the first of the two against Pitt. 

That two more (come from behind) wins, two more TDs, and three less inteceptions.