Around the NFC East

turtle28

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They’re both annoying as hell. Can’t really stand either one of them. 

I’m not a huge fan of either too bc I’d rather just get information then opinions all the time but, I hate Jordan less. 

Burgundy Blog - who doesn’t even have Redskins in his name - shutting his account down since the name change is quite ironic. Then, coming back after the team goes on a 4-0 winning streak is bandwagonish to me. I know he’s not a bandwagon fan, but he’s the one who acted like a child and has for a while.

Edited by turtle28

On 12/14/2020 at 7:59 AM, turtle28 said:

@Woz “A failure to lose vs Seattle...” you can’t even say a Win for Washington.

Come on dude! 😂 

No one has noticed that have I have switched to my "don't anger the Football Gods" language with regards to the team. I don't jinx them. It's a "failure to lose."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Just saw the Cowboys hired Dan Quinn to be DC. Very unfortunate. He is a hell of a coordinator. 

He was when he had the talent in Seattle. His defenses sucked except for the Super Bowl year in Atlanta. I will say though that he’s smart enough to put that Dallas front 7 talent in a position to succeed as Rod Marinelli did last year. 

On 1/11/2021 at 7:01 PM, turtle28 said:

He was when he had the talent in Seattle. His defenses sucked except for the Super Bowl year in Atlanta. I will say though that he’s smart enough to put that Dallas front 7 talent in a position to succeed as Rod Marinelli did last year. 

Quinn was given roster control, so it's really hard to judge what was really at fault for the inability to put a defense together for a large stretch.  

He ran some pretty good units while at UF as well.  

I think Quinn will at the very least improve that AWFUL Cowboys defense. It is not saying much but with their offense, all they need the defense to be is semi decent. 

This will be a fascinating off season for the NFC East. Three teams have top 11 picks. They will have the chance to really improve the rosters. The division has been trash for sooooo long but eventually that swing will happen. It always happens. 

So with a proper training camp (crosses fingers) and so much change in coaching staffs and team personnel.... it could make for a very decent NFC East in 2021. 

I truly feel that Washington is just a QB and another stud WR away from truly reeking havoc. Cowboys just need to manage their defense. Giants needs more playmakers around Jones. He is not great but I think he can make a jump to decent. And Eagles... they have the biggest hurdle with the QB and need more speed in WR room. 

Worst to First could happen but I am just hoping the division is not a joke.

14 hours ago, ACO said:

I think Quinn will at the very least improve that AWFUL Cowboys defense. It is not saying much but with their offense, all they need the defense to be is semi decent. 

This will be a fascinating off season for the NFC East. Three teams have top 11 picks. They will have the chance to really improve the rosters. The division has been trash for sooooo long but eventually that swing will happen. It always happens. 

So with a proper training camp (crosses fingers) and so much change in coaching staffs and team personnel.... it could make for a very decent NFC East in 2021. 

I truly feel that Washington is just a QB and another stud WR away from truly reeking havoc. Cowboys just need to manage their defense. Giants needs more playmakers around Jones. He is not great but I think he can make a jump to decent. And Eagles... they have the biggest hurdle with the QB and need more speed in WR room. 

Worst to First could happen but I am just hoping the division is not a joke.

I disagree about the Eagles QB situation. I totally believe this season was an aberration for Wentz. He’s a really good QB and I think he’ll get back to that with a new staff and some more weapons. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree about the Eagles QB situation. I totally believe this season was an aberration for Wentz. He’s a really good QB and I think he’ll get back to that with a new staff and some more weapons. 

I didn't say Wentz was awful. I think he is decent QB though he has been regressing and that was before this weird year. Their hurdle is the fact that it is a clear competition now and a completely new coaching staff might not care for either of them. But Wentz will clearly be the main one Lurie and Rosman will want to "fix" because of the investment. They have to get it right.

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This eagles situation is wacky.  It is WFT like idiocy and lack of forethought.  So Pederson fired because he liked Hurts and owner liked Wentz.  What the heck are they going to do now?  Trade hurts or just let him stew on the bench with the next coach?  Seems like either way someone is unhappy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, offbyone said:

This eagles situation is wacky.  It is WFT like idiocy and lack of forethought.  So Pederson fired because he liked Hurts and owner liked Wentz.  What the heck are they going to do now?  Trade hurts or just let him stew on the bench with the next coach?  Seems like either way someone is unhappy.

I was very impressed with Hurts.

If the Eagles want to trade him away, I would definitely be interested.

I'm not a big fan with trading inside the Division, but if he were on the market?

I would definitely consider dealing for him. 

Not giving up my 1st, but I would consider my 2nd.

Not worried about it being another McNabb situation as Hurts is young & would be going into his 2nd year.

We could start Taylor Heinicke, while Hurts learned the Offense as backup. (Or when Taylor gets hurt the very next game..lol)

But it would give us 2 QB's with wheels & 2 that we know can throw.

Now, I don't think this will ever happen. But you never know...

But it again, it would depend on the cost. No way I'm trading my 1st for any QB not named Watson or Stafford that would be available.

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I was very impressed with Hurts.

If the Eagles want to trade him away, I would definitely be interested.

I'm not a big fan with trading inside the Division, but if he were on the market?

I would definitely consider dealing for him. 

Not giving up my 1st, but I would consider my 2nd.

Not worried about it being another McNabb situation as Hurts is young & would be going into his 2nd year.

We could start Taylor Heinicke, while Hurts learned the Offense as backup. (Or when Taylor gets hurt the very next game..lol)

But it would give us 2 QB's with wheels & 2 that we know can throw.

Now, I don't think this will ever happen. But you never know...

But it again, it would depend on the cost. No way I'm trading my 1st for any QB not named Watson or Stafford that would be available.

Hurts has a long way to go, he wasn’t impressive as a passer vs our defense. Kyle Allen & Heinicke are ahead of him as passers at this point in their careers.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can make a compelling argument in favor of moving the Buccaneers to the NFC East with the Cowboys going to the South.

The Tampa Bay area is home to a lot of transplants from the Northeast - inevitably, that includes the NYC, DC, and Philly areas. It's just like Miami in the AFC East, where there are tons of transplants from the Buffalo, Boston, and NYC areas. The fact that Tampa Bay's other major league teams share a division with teams from the Northeast helps their attendance figures.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:00 PM, pf9 said:

I think you can make a compelling argument in favor of moving the Buccaneers to the NFC East with the Cowboys going to the South.

The Tampa Bay area is home to a lot of transplants from the Northeast - inevitably, that includes the NYC, DC, and Philly areas. It's just like Miami in the AFC East, where there are tons of transplants from the Buffalo, Boston, and NYC areas. The fact that Tampa Bay's other major league teams share a division with teams from the Northeast helps their attendance figures.

Never going to happen. The NFC East is set. They reorganized the divisions almost 20 years ago w/ the Cardinals leaving the NFC East and going to the the NFC West when the Texans were added. They then added North & South divisions while splitting up the Central divisions in each conference & the Seahawks went to the NFC from the AFC where they had been for like 25 years.

I don’t see a day where the Cowboys/Eagles/Giants/WFT rivalries- which are some of the best in the NFL - are split up. If they didn’t do it like 20 years ago, why would they now, or anytime in the future?

Edited by turtle28