Yankees, Marlins Agree to Giancarlo Stanton Trade, lulz Cards/Giants

ramssuperbowl99

Yankees gonna need to have fans sitting in LF to sign liability waiver because Stanton/Judge/Sanchize are gonna abuse the LF stands. That should be fun to watch. That said, neither Judge or Stanton will have another season like the ones they had last year

22 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Stanton on the Dodgers would have been more unfair IMO. Though I guess now they'll probably be the favorites for Harper next offseason lol

No. They will have to pay more to keep Kershaw. I’m telling you guys, Harper to the Cubs is gonna happen.

41 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Sour

Nobody wants to see the yankees win titles anymore. Certainly not more than one in a row. Its a joke to the game and a huge reason people that arent yankee fans turn off baseball. Now we get to see the Yankees on espn every week. The biggest joke is that you guys didnt give up much to get him.

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Nobody wants to see the yankees win titles anymore. Certainly not more than one in a row. Its a joke to the game and a huge reason people that arent yankee fans turn off baseball. Now we get to see the Yankees on espn every week. The biggest joke is that you guys didnt give up much to get him.

You do realize that we are in this position because of our farm system, right? You expect a big market team to not go spend stupid money every few years? If the Rays, Twins, Pirates, etc had the money to spend they’d do it too.

This isn’t like 2008 when we went out and signed CC, Tex, and Burnett. The Yankees built up a farm system, got dumb lucky with Judge and Sanchez and now are cashing in. What would you do in their position?

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Uhh we get this regardless...just like the NBA plastering the Lakers on national TV every week despite them being terrible. They're huge draws with large fan bases. They're gonna be on TV

1 minute ago, CAS22 said:

What happens if Stanton opts out after 3 years?  Do the Yankees have to return that $$$ or do they just get Stanton for 3/$47MM?

I think the Marlins will pay it $3mm a year similar to the Rangers and ARod.  So if he opts out they only end up having paid $9mm.  But maybe the structure it differently to get under the luxury level this year, who knows. 

If this doesn't wake up the Red Sox, I don't know what will. Now Tyler Thornburg absolutely has to come back healthy, we absolutely have to bring back Addison Reed, and we absolutely need to add another right handed bullpen option. Sanchez, Judge, and Stanton in succession makes right handed firearms a necessity now.

Bring me Hosmer. Resurrect 2016 Mookie. Give me Devers over a full season and Benintendi with a year under his belt and the Red Sox can still make serious noise in the AL.

Given the Yankees gave up Castro and lint from C.C. Sabathia's belly button, this had to have been a money issue from the Red Sox ownership standpoint. Fine, but you better not like Sale or Betts walk in a couple years. You better bring in a power bat before spring, and you better win more than one game in the playoffs next year.

Archived