Who's The Greatest Player of All Time?

mdonnelly21

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the a greatest player of all time?

• Tom Brady
    • Jerry Rice
    • Joe Montana
    • Don Hutson
    • Jim Brown
    • Otto Graham
    • Lawrence Taylor
    • Reggie White
    • Barry Sanders
    • Walter Payton

It's of little surprise that the most current and active player is getting the most attention here, that's typical, but I'd urge others to research the utter dominance of Jerry Rice.

Career Receiving Yards:

1 Jerry Rice+ 22,895    
2 Terrell Owens 15,934    
3 Randy Moss 15,292    
4 Larry Fitzgerald 15,267    
5 Isaac Bruce 15,208

*The difference of almost 7,000 yards b/w 1st and 2nd place is a career in itself for many WR's.

Career Receptions:

1 Jerry Rice+ 1,549    
2 Tony Gonzalez 1,325    
3 Larry Fitzgerald 1,207    
4 Jason Witten 1,140    
5 Marvin Harrison+ 1,102

Career TD's:

1 Jerry Rice+ 208    
2 Emmitt Smith+ 175    
3 LaDainian Tomlinson+ 162    
4 Randy Moss 157    
5 Terrell Owens 156

No one else in the history of the NFL dominated like Rice and the distance he put between himself and the next player in accordance to career achievements is second to none.

50 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

It's of little surprise that the most current and active player is getting the most attention here, that's typical, but I'd urge others to research the utter dominance of Jerry Rice.

Career Receiving Yards:

1 Jerry Rice+ 22,895    
2 Terrell Owens 15,934    
3 Randy Moss 15,292    
4 Larry Fitzgerald 15,267    
5 Isaac Bruce 15,208

*The difference of almost 7,000 yards b/w 1st and 2nd place is a career in itself for many WR's.

Career Receptions:

1 Jerry Rice+ 1,549    
2 Tony Gonzalez 1,325    
3 Larry Fitzgerald 1,207    
4 Jason Witten 1,140    
5 Marvin Harrison+ 1,102

Career TD's:

1 Jerry Rice+ 208    
2 Emmitt Smith+ 175    
3 LaDainian Tomlinson+ 162    
4 Randy Moss 157    
5 Terrell Owens 156

No one else in the history of the NFL dominated like Rice and the distance he put between himself and the next player in accordance to career achievements is second to none.

Prior to the last like 2-3 years. 

It was always between Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. 

Brady, was already top 3 since two years ago, and this past SB is what largely put him over the top. 

Otherwise you can see that Rice was put #2. 

TFB by a mile for me. 

Its like almost Stockholm syndrome-esque at this point.

When I was in HS I HATED the Patriots. Now B.B. is easily my favorite non-player of all time and Tom is one of my all-time favorites as well.

That I have ever seen? Tom Brady. Ridiculously dominant in the regular season but once the postseason happens or the 4th quarter or final drive of a game, there isn't a player I'd want more.

Although Aaron Rodgers is the most talented player I have ever seen in football. 

2 hours ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Which is why I say Rice, pretty handily.

Here's the thing. If it's the guy that probably has the most distance between himself and his peers, it's Brown. 

Rice is probably the best WR of all time, but you give TO or Moss the same QB's Rice played with and give him his longevity, Rice isn't going to dominate statistically the way he did, and those guys would have titles playing as long as Rice did with Montana and Young. 

There's no way you can legitimately compare players across positions, so I'll answer it this way;

If I'm picking one player to build my offense around I can debate a good bit between 4 or 5 of those names before settling on one.

If I'm picking one player to build my defense around I only need one name... Lawrence Taylor.

3 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

TFB by a mile for me. 

Its like almost Stockholm syndrome-esque at this point.

When I was in HS I HATED the Patriots. Now B.B. is easily my favorite non-player of all time and Tom is one of my all-time favorites as well.

Ditto. Funny how that works.

I'm a Dolphin fan, so I have a natural hate for the Patriots, and have incredible admiration for Shula. In fact, one of the few jerseys I own is an aqua #72 with the nameplate "SHULA" in honor of him and the undefeated season. Anyways, I always just followed the anti-Patriot narrative that Belichick was just a cheat, a shame, and somehow got by on luck. Then, It was about 5-6 years ago that I really began to delve into Belichick's work and study his schemes, especially his defensive schemes and philosophy. Belichick is nothing short of a genius; a football god. As much as I hold Shula on a pedestal, Belichick is the greatest coach in football history.

15 hours ago, lancerman said:

Here's the thing. If it's the guy that probably has the most distance between himself and his peers, it's Brown

Nope. If you are going with statement strictly is Don Hutson. Not saying he should be named the best but he outpaced his peers more than Brown did his.

Archived