2023 NBA Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (8) Miami Heat ||| Nuggets are Champs!!!

11sanchez11

That went about as well as expected. Denver didn't even shoot the ball well and still won by double digits. Miami also didn't shoot the ball very well, but they actually ended with a better performance from behind the arc than Denver after that 4th quarter. 20 to 2 FT differential is crazy but tbh it made sense because the Heat were helpless all night trying to stop the Nugs in the paint. Feel good about my pre-series pred of Nugs in 5, Heat will get one in Miami while shooting lights out.

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Don't playoff teams have an atrocious record in G1s coming off of a G7 win? I wouldn't make too many assumptions about one game.

I think for me, there’s a red flags that won’t be fixed in time.

1. Aaron Gordon bullied them.

2. Miami doesn’t have an athletic guard on their bench who can defend Bruce Brown. He carved them up bad.

3. Jimmy looks gassed.

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Denver's defensive strategy the entire playoffs have been to leave open shooters open to protect the paint and somehow no one has made them

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🧂

Nuggets up 21 after 3 and honestly, I thought they were sloppy defensively. Especially Nikola, who's foot movement on those shallow Bam screens was awful.

Thrilled to be up 1-0 but seems I have a very different takeaway than the consensus I’m seeing online. I thought Heat just did not show up, fatigued + playing in Denver. So many missed open 3s. I expect Nuggets to shoot better from 3 too, but they won’t have that kind of FT advantage again. Either way I just expect Heat to come out more aggressive in game 2 and game to go very differently. 

I still like Nuggets odds of course, more firepower and a great HCA, but I’m not thinking this will be a cakewalk after seeing G1.

MPJ could not buy a bucket but I love it when he’s hustling on D and cleaning up the glass. He’s bought into his role big time this postseason. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Don't playoff teams have an atrocious record in G1s coming off of a G7 win? I wouldn't make too many assumptions about one game.

You’re probably right. I mean they were missing a ton of open shots. Their legs probably weren’t there. Hopefully game 2 will be much better.

Biggest issue with Jimmy Butler and how the media treats him is when he’s is ballin they call him great and Himmy and all that BS. When he sucks they don’t say a damn thing. He has sucked for how many games but he gets a pass. He is treated very different by the media the other stars 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Biggest issue with Jimmy Butler and how the media treats him is when he’s is ballin they call him great and Himmy and all that BS. When he sucks they don’t say a damn thing. He has sucked for how many games but he gets a pass. He is treated very different by the media the other stars 

You don't like Jimmy Butler the man because of the way the media talks about him? How can he possibly control that?  

And I don't think he sucked last night. He was creating wide open shots that were missed time after time. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

You don't like Jimmy Butler the man because of the way the media talks about him? How can he possibly control that?  

And I don't think he sucked last night. He was creating wide open shots that were missed time after time. 

Has nothing to do about him the person, but everything to do about how the media treats him like a superstar but doesn’t give him the backlash when he sucks like other players. Tatum, harden, AD and ect.