Who will win the AFC West in 2023?

notthatbluestuff

Who will win the AFC West in 2023?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the AFC West in 2023?

• Denver Broncos
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Las Vegas Raiders
    • Los Angeles Chargers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

Kelce's older, and he's a little underpaid, but he hasn't made anything of money, so I don't see why anyone would expect that to change.  Plus, between having made $65 million over his career and having a brother with a long NFL career and nearly as much in the bank, I don't think money is something the Kelce family will ever need to worry about.  He seems to care about winning, so there's no reason to not play out the remaining contract with the Chiefs.

As for him declining, I'd be surprised if we don't see a decline from Kelce in the next coupe of seasons.  However, as @ET80 pointed out earlier, even if Kelce's production drops like 20% next season, that still gives him top five TE numbers, which shouldn't affect the Chiefs very much.

At most, they may want to think about drafting a TE next year to be a potential successor.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

At most, they may want to think about drafting a TE next year to be a potential successor.

Could you imagine a situation where Travis Kelce is backed up by current Georgia TE Brock Bowers or UT TE Ja’Tavion Sanders? That just feels unfair. 

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Could you imagine a situation where Travis Kelce is backed up by current Georgia TE Brock Bowers or UT TE Ja’Tavion Sanders? That just feels unfair. 

I think Bowers would take a first, and I don't know if backup TE is where the Chiefs will need to spend the most resources, but yeah, that'd be a dangerous group.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think Bowers would take a first, and I don't know if backup TE is where the Chiefs will need to spend the most resources, but yeah, that'd be a dangerous group.

If he’s as good as advertised he’d start along with Kelce. Afterall, our WR corps isn’t anything super scary on paper now. 

But I highly doubt we are in position to draft Bowers

18 minutes ago, Nightime said:

If he’s as good as advertised he’d start along with Kelce. Afterall, our WR corps isn’t anything super scary on paper now. 

But I highly doubt we are in position to draft Bowers

Who knows?  We see TEs fall an awful lot.  All it takes is a less than absolutely stellar season or a mediocre combine to get just about any TE near the bottom of the first.

But I'd fully expect the Chiefs to invest in WR before they spend that kind of capital on a TE, until Kelce falls off a cliff.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

KC has serious skill position issues outside of Kelce as I mentioned during the offseason . Lots of young players and no #1 WR

The AFC West is wide open 

And a history of Andy Reid making his Eagle offenses go brrrrttt with dudes like Freddie Mitchell. Best offensive weapon the Walrus really had in Philly was Brian Westbrook. Now he has a Ferrari in Mahomes after driving a little civic for years with Donovan McNabb. Chiefs division barring a Mahomes injury. 

To be clear… Chiefs with a backup QB in week 2 for the season are still probably a 60% chance to win the division. 

Edited by Leoric
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

KC has serious skill position issues outside of Kelce as I mentioned during the offseason . Lots of young players and no #1 WR

The AFC West is wide open 

…holy overreaction, it’s one game. Kelce is coming back and Chris Jones is getting his contract handled very soon, KC will be fine. 

• Like 2

Chiefs still will win it. The other teams haven’t played yet. The Chiefs need Jones back and get Kelce healthy. I also think they need to stop playing and go get that legit #1 WR. Evans should be a possibility.

If I can trust the Chargers they would definitely be a team that could win the division but we know you can’t trust them. The Broncos I want to see how Payton does with Russ. And the Raiders no way. So until further notice again I still think the Chiefs will figure things out and win it.

Lions looked like a fantastic team and it was a great win.

However, watching Mahomes single handily keep the Chiefs in the game without 2 lynchpin superstars on either side of the ball (and Toney all of a sudden developing some sort of allergic reaction to the football) is honestly unsettling. 

It most certainly is still the Chiefs division. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Danger said:

The Chiefs need to make a trade for a real WR at the deadline.

Someone brought up Mike Evans. I mean… not the worst idea, giving Mahomes a 6’ 5” 230lb target monster who can get downfield. Another guy with a big catch radius would mitigate the attention Kelce is going to get once he returns…