DeAndre Hopkins to Tennessee (2 years, $32M)

Ty21

1 hour ago, Titansfan said:

This is typical of someone who has clearly only seen the stats. Yes he started slowly as was well documented but he actually had some real nice games the back end of the season before he was knocked out of the game against the Eagles (disgusting hit) where he still held on for the TD. He showed flashes of what he can do and all the signs are saying he should make a big jump this year. Take into account towards the end of the season he had Malik Willis and Josh Dobbs throwing him the ball I was ok with what he showed last year. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season and progress further. He was by no means as bad as you’re saying he was. 

As someone who's been in your position before. This is the argument for someone who's going to be a bust.

• Like 2

He can probably still put up decent numbers with Tannehill. They're still one of the weaker WR corps in the league, but this signing alone puts makes them look like the 1999 Rams compared to last year, where they were just hideous. Should have just paid AJ Brown, and lived with the consequences. Luckily Tennessee can still compete for the division in the juggernaut AFC South. Injuries, not necessarily talent will be the bigger pitfall to win the division. 

Going to KC was never really realistic unless we signed CJ95 to an extension. Just no cap space left at this point of the off-season. 

Personally: if he signed that's great, should fill a role instantly but overall I wanted us to pass. We have some FA's coming due and, despite lack of experience, have a ton of potential in the WR room that we were already going to have a difficult time sorting through come final cut downs. 

If Tanny stays healthy I think this is a good get for the Titans

• Like 1

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

Going to KC was never really realistic unless we signed CJ95 to an extension. Just no cap space left at this point of the off-season. 

Personally: if he signed that's great, should fill a role instantly but overall I wanted us to pass. We have some FA's coming due and, despite lack of experience, have a ton of potential in the WR room that we were already going to have a difficult time sorting through come final cut downs. 

If Tanny stays healthy I think this is a good get for the Titans

low key this move is great for both of our teams because it means DHOP won't be playing against either of us in the postseason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

low key this move is great for both of our teams because it means DHOP won't be playing against either of us in the postseason.

Yeah I think all the flirting with DHop had more to do with playing "keep away" than anything 

2 hours ago, Titansfan said:

This is typical of someone who has clearly only seen the stats. Yes he started slowly as was well documented but he actually had some real nice games the back end of the season before he was knocked out of the game against the Eagles (disgusting hit) where he still held on for the TD. He showed flashes of what he can do and all the signs are saying he should make a big jump this year. Take into account towards the end of the season he had Malik Willis and Josh Dobbs throwing him the ball I was ok with what he showed last year. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season and progress further. He was by no means as bad as you’re saying he was. 

What's the word on Treylon heading into camp? I know he supposedly had some conditioning issues too, and my biggest pet peeve about him headed into the draft was that he looked like he never went to the gym and lifted weights. Has he finally started to take his body seriously and started looking more jacked or at least more cut?

Edited by Jeezla

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

people talk all the time about x player taking less money to go to a contender but it almost never happens. the titans made him the best offer. it's really that simple.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

The more and more I see older vets signing, the more and more I realize it’s only about the money in these decisions.

I dont disagree at all.    Wasnt suggesting I thought he would take significantly less money to go elsewhere.   Just thought a stronger contender might make a good enough offer to lure him there over a team that offered a bit more.