We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

Honestly, I'm about 80% sure of the following:

Hue Jackson knows that he's going to be in Cincinnati next year, whether of his own accord or if he gets fired. In an effort to sabotage the Browns/make a last ditch effort to keep his job/catch lightning in the bottle, he attempted to overtrade for McCarron. If it works out, he has a foundation in 2018. If not, he's set up his new team, the Cincinnati Bengals, with two high draft picks and sabotaged an AFC North team as well in the process.

I wish I could say that I was joking, as I'm aware of how absurd this looks to even write down.

6 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I've gotten to the point of not wanting hue here, but I am so against firing a coach so soon because we need some form of continuity.

What are the thoughts of keeping Hue and Sashi in place in the positions they are in and hire an offensive coordinator to call plays?

Terry Pluto brought up a good point that in the chargers game, if our headsets weren't working, the chargers should have them turned off.  When asked Hue said he didn't know and was busy calling plays. Be a head coach or be an offensive coordinator, you clearly can't do both.

And I also believe that Sashi and Co should have a chance to finish what they started.  They have been preparing for this draft, 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, 2 top 10, 4 top 40 and 6 top 65.  I really do believe they have done a good job building the foundation of this team and have a chance to take the QB in this years class to make people stop questioning every decision they've ever made....because that's all anyone seems to do...

Any offensive coordinators that seem worthwhile to fit the role?

I agree with the continuity angle, and think if we do keep Sashi and Hue, we should do some tweaking and restructuring to get them some help (and cover for where they've shown weaknesses). Get a good play calling OC under Hue, preferably one with previous HC experience who can also help him with input of game management. Get a strong personnel GM type to run the draft and have final say on the roster, taking that duty from Sashi and have him more be about running the business and Front Office - he's clearly good at moneyball, acquiring picks, and managing the cap, but is uneven in terms of personnel (which only makes sense, since he had no prior experience in that realm). This way we maintain continuity, but also cover up for obvious weaknesses.

12 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I agree with the continuity angle, and think if we do keep Sashi and Hue, we should do some tweaking and restructuring to get them some help (and cover for where they've shown weaknesses). Get a good play calling OC under Hue, preferably one with previous HC experience who can also help him with input of game management. Get a strong personnel GM type to run the draft and have final say on the roster, taking that duty from Sashi and have him more be about running the business and Front Office - he's clearly good at moneyball, acquiring picks, and managing the cap, but is uneven in terms of personnel (which only makes sense, since he had no prior experience in that realm). This way we maintain continuity, but also cover up for obvious weaknesses.

Browns don’t need that kind of OC. They need an offensive master mind. Someone who properly adapts schemes to players, properly comes up with personnel packages that create mismatches, and calls plays that focus on the player makers or potential playmakers. Someone who know how to game plan. The browns don’t need an OC who can help Hue be a HC. Browns need an OC who allows Hue solely focus on being a HC and the bigger picture. If Hue cant do that then he needs to be fired. How stubborn Hue is, I’m not worried about him going any where, specially cincy. 

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Browns don’t need that kind of OC. They need an offensive master mind. Someone who properly adapts schemes to players, properly comes up with personnel packages that create mismatches, and calls plays that focus on the player makers or potential playmakers. Someone who know how to game plan. The browns don’t need an OC who can help Hue be a HC. Browns need an OC who allows Hue solely focus on being a HC and the bigger picture. If Hue cant do that then he needs to be fired. How stubborn Hue is, I’m not worried about him going any where, specially cincy. 

Based on what I have seen, this would be a coup for us!

I just wonder how patient Haslam is going to be.

Based on what has been said and the way they've done things thus far, canning anyone after 2 years wouldn't look good to other coaching candidates.

If Haslam wants to portray patience, Hue and everyone stays and they hire an OC.  Jimmy being Jimmy but somewhat controlling himself means someone has to take the blame for a long term plan actually requiring a long term investment and Hue is canned. Jimmy doing what he thinks is best means everyone goes and he proceeds to show his utter incompetence at every opportunity.

I may be the last remaining guy on this sinking ship, but I'm still hoping for option A.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think that takes care of itself when these guys get some experience and start making plays.

Success breeds confidence and confidence enables assertiveness.

Yeah but does Hue offer more than coach X when that actually happens? I do like that most of the players are still showing effort. Other than that I can't think of anything that Hue has done that makes me think that he brings something special to the table. Play calling doesn't seem special. Nor does game management. Nor does player progression. Nor putting players in a position to succeed. Player effort and continuity are pluses for retaining him. I can't think of another reason. 

Archived