Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?

AkronsWitness

Lets argue.

Has this question asked to me today at work and it turned into quite the discussion. We talk a lot about who the most underrated players are or personal favorites, but less about players that are overrated in your eyes because of media perception, your teams fans perception, ect.

Ill start: Derwin James, Josh Jacobs, Diontae Johnson

Argue is right, this should be fun.

What do we mean by "overrated"? Someone fans talk up, or based on their contract?

For talking up - most running backs. The market is what it is for a reason, and I saw the Todd Gurley situation unfold right before my eyes. From best running back in the league to out of the NFL in 3 years.

Contracts are going to be Quarterbacks....kind of wild to me that in the same division Justin Herbert is going to making the same amount or more as Patrick Mahomes. Kind of puts the Chargers way behind the 8 ball on that one.

It is DK metcalf. Although I will say that DK has actually improved a lot as a WR over the last few years, and his skill level has started to catch up to where people rank him. His route tree is a lot more complete than it was previously, even though he does not run that many different routes. 

I remember getting into arguments about Deebo vs DK on here. It is not even a debate anymore. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I’d tend to agree. He’s hyped as one of the NFLs best players, period. But I don’t ever remember being wowed watching him play. Maybe I just haven’t seen enough.

love Derwin. But he’s a splashy player, not a consistently dependable one. Still a great player, but not in the same realm as the elites he’s compared to. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

love Derwin. But he’s a splashy player, not a consistently dependable one. Still a great player, but not in the same realm as the elites he’s compared to. 

Rhe best run of last year was when Derwin James met Chubb in the hole with 0 space. 40 yd td to chubb. One of the best runs I have seen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I sure hope you're talking about him not being in the same realm as guys like Brian Dawkins or Troy Polamalu, rather than not being in the realm of his contemporaries. He's at worst a top 3 Safety in the NFL and is certainly the most well-rounded. The overrated player on the Chargers defense is Bosa.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Travis Kelce

7usjaj.jpg

I remember on this forum ages ago someone said Steve Young was overrated because his peers weren't very good (guess they forgot about Farve and Elway) and keep showing this video on why his all-pros don't matter or something 

If that person is still here today, then well uh hey I guess