Week 1 Games

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Hats off to the Lions.  Nearly everyone thought they were going to be a tough competitive bunch and they are.  Great offensive line, with a hardnosed coach that have them believing in themselves. Let's see if LeFleur can get the Packers to play with as much determination. 

Edited by minnypackerfan

11 hours ago, Striker said:

If Toney had not played, KC probably wins. Or if they had just erased the jet sweep from their playbook. It's amazing the amount of mistakes they made tonight.

They have a RB who runs like he hates the ground yet they get cute on short yardage. Makes no sense to me. Just give the ******* ball to Pacheco. 

• Like 1

Week 1 overreactions are my favorite reactions.

Lions looked good and could start the season 5-1 or 6-0 considering they play Seattle, Atlanta, Green Bay, Carolina, and Tampa Bay before they go to Baltimore.

Next week we'll get a better idea of what that team could be since Seattle has a much stronger group of receivers (barring injury) that will really test the Lions secondary.

4 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

Hats off to the Lions.  Nearly everyone thought they were going to be a tough competitive bunch and they are.  Great offensive line, with a hardnosed coach that have them believing in themselves. Let's see if LeFleur can get the Packers to play with as much determination. 

I was actually surprised the media wasn't already bumping them before last night.  And I had the week 4 game circled well before then and still would even had the result last night gone the Chiefs way.  Campbell has them playing some fundamentally sound and focused football, a brand of Lions football that hasn't been seen in the lifetimes of some of the current fan generations.  So yes they are different.

But on the flipside ... You really can't argue the Chiefs did their best 2022 Packers impersonation out there.  And I mean seriously, they really had a lot of similarities to our team last year, and I'd say Andy Reid did two bad things that killed his team:

1. Signing and starting Amari Rodgers Toney out there

2. Borrowing LaFleur's junky playbook and killing drives by using it

7 hours ago, MacReady said:

Pat Mahomes is the GOAT in my opinion. He did what no other QB could do, but still… That is not sustainable.

Everyone just saying, “He Haz No wEaponZ!”

No crap. Do they think Kelce is going to never age?

The rest of his career he is going to have no weapons, no line or no defense. 

Not to mention his holding onto the ball and pocket movements are almost exactly like Aaron Rodgers's, as were his bad deep throws that were as off target as the ones we saw last year.  So yeah, I stand by what I said about him looking like old man Rodgers last night when the defense was in his grill, only he doesn't have a broken hand excuse and at least he can still run faster than Rodgers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I was actually surprised the media wasn't already bumping them before last night.  And I had the week 4 game circled well before then and still would even had the result last night gone the Chiefs way.  Campbell has them playing some fundamentally sound and focused football, a brand of Lions football that hasn't been seen in the lifetimes of some of the current fan generations.  So yes they are different.

But on the flipside ... You really can't argue the Chiefs did their best 2022 Packers impersonation out there.  And I mean seriously, they really had a lot of similarities to our team last year, and I'd say Andy Reid did two bad things that killed his team:

1. Signing and starting Amari Rodgers Toney out there

2. Borrowing LaFleur's junky playbook and killing drives by using it

Matt Nagy is now the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs...I wonder how that will turn out.

15 hours ago, Leader said:

I think if you took a poll of Lions, Bears and Vikings fans you’d find one common denominator. As long as it’s not the Packers winning the division we’re all happy. You all had a great run of 30+ years of hall of fame quarterbacking but as Herbie Brooks said your time is “Over”