GDT Week 2: Packers at Flacons

mikebpackfan

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's week 1.

Atlanta is loaded on offense. We might be lucky to get them early before they gel. Same could be said of our offense, too, though, of course 

They are loaded at the skill positions but Ridder has been below average to bad against most types of coverages outside of Cover 3. My biggest concern will be them tackling Robinson and Allgeier.

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

They are loaded at the skill positions but Ridder has been below average to bad against most types of coverages outside of Cover 3. My biggest concern will be them tackling Robinson and Allgeier.

Ridder is the question mark for sure. I think he has upside. Especially with his weapons. But you're certainly right that team will go as he does, but think they have a relatively high floor because of their talent 

18 minutes ago, Striker said:

Playing up front defense should handle that, make Ridder throw.  I dont think he's comfortable throwing mid to long throws.  Box up those RBs and we should be fine.  Not easy but doable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Ridder is the question mark for sure. I think he has upside. Especially with his weapons. But you're certainly right that team will go as he does, but think they have a relatively high floor because of their talent 

I think Ridder is about as bad as Mariota.  Improvement for Atlanta is along the OL and on their Defense.

They have the 4 best skill guys in the matchup if we're without Jones/Watson but I'm not sure it'll matter how bad Ridder is if they don't ever have to pass the ball.

30 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Really hope Quay clears protocol. He is going to be crucial for this game with Bijan and Allgeier out of the back field.

I think he'll be a go, so we should be good there.  I also think Jones will play, but probably on a pitch count of sorts.  Watson is interesting .. beat writers said he appeared to be gearing up to practice today.  They might be cautious there, but if he's close to a full participant we could get lucky and have a full crew.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Chillaxin

Yeah...I remember he didnt return to practice till late....perhaps Saturday? I didnt write it down :)
But was he listed as questionable on the Friday injury report? My point being...perhaps he's always gonna be questionable at this stage. He's the only one of the four listed that didnt suffer an apparent injury during the game.