• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

I think Shedeur Sanders is coming back BECAUSE the QB class is so deep. 

In a sitdown interview with Bleacher Report’s Taylor Rooks dropped on Wednesday, the Colorado head coach addressed a hypothetical situation about Shedeur declaring for the NFL draft. 

Sanders, who previously said sons, Shedeur and Shilo, won’t be entering the 2024 NFL Draft, dove into some of the reasons it would take for a player to make the jump to go professional.

It’s not about what I’m seeing from them, it’s about a whole lot of other things: team, position, round projection. All of that, plays a role,” Sanders said. “Now, with NIL, and who they are, shoot, you could make just as much money here as you can there [the NFL], unless you’re one of the first five picks. 

“But Shedeur don’t want to be two to nobody. He don’t get down like that. People are projecting him behind Caleb Williams. And Caleb Williams is phenomenal. But Shedeur ain’t no backseat rider. He drives his Maybach. He doesn’t have a driver in it — he drives it.”

36 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

In a sitdown interview with Bleacher Report’s Taylor Rooks dropped on Wednesday, the Colorado head coach addressed a hypothetical situation about Shedeur declaring for the NFL draft. 

Sanders, who previously said sons, Shedeur and Shilo, won’t be entering the 2024 NFL Draft, dove into some of the reasons it would take for a player to make the jump to go professional.

It’s not about what I’m seeing from them, it’s about a whole lot of other things: team, position, round projection. All of that, plays a role,” Sanders said. “Now, with NIL, and who they are, shoot, you could make just as much money here as you can there [the NFL], unless you’re one of the first five picks. 

“But Shedeur don’t want to be two to nobody. He don’t get down like that. People are projecting him behind Caleb Williams. And Caleb Williams is phenomenal. But Shedeur ain’t no backseat rider. He drives his Maybach. He doesn’t have a driver in it — he drives it.”

Caleb may very well go back as well depending on who gets that first overall pick. 

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Out of all this, I read spoiled rich kid! College student driving a ($200k) Maybach 🙄

10 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Given the 5th year option, I think some of the guys who would likely slip to the second round will be taken in the first. If they all come out, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Bo Nix, Michael Penix Jr. and Shedeur Sanders all go in the first. That’s five right there.

I’ll buy 5. Any more is a stretch. Been following the draft long enough to know that if we name 5 QBs we think our first rounders in September, probably 2 of them will have a long tumble down the draft board and someone else will emerge we never considered.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

On 9/24/2023 at 3:06 AM, plan9misfit said:

Given the 5th year option, I think some of the guys who would likely slip to the second round will be taken in the first. If they all come out, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Bo Nix, Michael Penix Jr. and Shedeur Sanders all go in the first. That’s five right there.

The last three names are absolutely not high-end starting NFL QBs. 

5 hours ago, BigD88 said:

The last three names are absolutely not high-end starting NFL QBs. 

I don’t think Drake Maye is, either, but he’ll be a high 1st round pick. QB is the most overdrafted position in the entire league; not because of talent, but team desperation. @Nextyearfordaboyz and I have discussed this a lot over the years. Neither he or I subscribe to that mentality, but we know it happens. Hence, why I think that many QBs can go in the 1st. That doesn’t mean that I (personally) consider many of them as first round talent, though.