Week 3 GDT: Bears @ Chiefs

Ty21

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

None taken... If anything I think my preseason "meatball" take on the whole Fields vs Bagent situation has only been further vindicated as we go along here, and though I absolutely advocate for getting the secret Bagent man, I'm also more than realistic enough to admit he's probably going to suck hard overall. Rookies inevitably do. I do stand by my assertion that he sucks less hard than Fields does over the course of a season, however (by roughly 2 more wins over 17 games is my claim). 

Not that I'm Poles, but I'm also absolutely trading Fields before the deadline at this rate, if I could... Eyeing something similar to the Trey Lance deal. 

Lance had no track record. Fields has a track record of being worse than Mitch was. I doubt you get a 4th, although if there's a desperate team (maybe Lamar gets hurt, maybe Ridder gets hurt, maybe Wilson is terrible vs NE) then perhaps you do. Either way, if they decide to completely tank, I'd take a 4th or 5th for him for sure

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Epyon said:

None taken... If anything I think my preseason "meatball" take on the whole Fields vs Bagent situation has only been further vindicated as we go along here, and though I absolutely advocate for getting the secret Bagent man, I'm also more than realistic enough to admit he's probably going to suck hard overall. Rookies inevitably do. I do stand by my assertion that he sucks less hard than Fields does over the course of a season, however (by roughly 2 more wins over 17 games is my claim). 

Not that I'm Poles, but I'm also absolutely trading Fields before the deadline at this rate, if I could... Eyeing something similar to the Trey Lance deal. 

Bagent could win the SB and 5 straight MVP’s and I’d still be subtly rolling my eyes at the Homer Bagent posts 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

* @blkwdw13 puts out the week 3 pick 'em *

* everyone in this forum chooses KC as their highest scoring team*

And why wouldn’t everyone pick them. Seems like an obvious choice which means the opposite will happen. Then some poster will come back and say see it just took a few weeks. 

6 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

And why wouldn’t everyone pick them. Seems like an obvious choice which means the opposite will happen. Then some poster will come back and say see it just took a few weeks. 

My post wasn't intended to be disrespectful to you, just the Bears. I will say I could see Minnesota or SF being the highest scoring teams as well. Call it intuition, call it too obvious, call it the Nagy factor. Who knows?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

My post wasn't intended to be disrespectful to you, just the Bears. I will say I could see Minnesota or SF being the highest scoring teams as well. Call it intuition, call it too obvious, call it the Nagy factor. Who knows?

I didn’t take it that way. 

I want to see Fields drops faster, stabilize his feet, and read/throw to the open receiver.

Fields needs to learn to fake the defense ... such as looking at the 4th receiver first and then go through his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd read... then just throw to the open guy.  And mix it up a little to keep the defense off balance.  This is done less than 3.5 seconds.

Anything longer than 3.5seconds or latest 5 seconds if the pressure is not there... then ...just take off running...or throw away.

If he can do that...  We have a chance.... if the Defense can make stops.

From some examples, Fields can easily do that.  He is just so talented.

1 minute ago, JibjeResearch said:

I want to see Fields drops faster, stabilize his feet, and read/throw to the open receiver.

Fields needs to learn to fake the defense ... such as looking at the 4th receiver first and then go through his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd read... then just throw to the open guy.  And mix it up a little to keep the defense off balance.  This is done less than 3.5 seconds.

Anything longer than 3.5seconds or latest 5 seconds if the pressure is not there... then ...just take off running...or throw away.

If he can do that...  We have a chance.... if the Defense can make stops.

From some examples, Fields can easily do that.  He is just so talented.

Aint nobody reading all that

They have no chance

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Yup.  There are some games that are "trap games", and there are some games where theres not a chance in hell the underdog can do a thing, and this is the latter.

I see this as the Chiefs “get right” game.  They’ve come out of the gate kinda slow with losing to detroit, only beating the jags 17-9, Kelce being bobbled by an injury.

All of that will be forgotten after they slice through the bears.  They’ll go on to win every other game including the Super Bowl and then comment about how the bears game gave them the confidence they needed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I see this as the Chiefs “get right” game.  They’ve come out of the gate kinda slow with losing to detroit, only beating the jags 17-9, Kelce being bobbled by an injury.

All of that will be forgotten after they slice through the bears.  They’ll go on to win every other game including the Super Bowl and then comment about how the bears game gave them the confidence they needed.

One of the frustrating things about being a Bears fan (which, if in list form would requre some serious computing power) is how many times QBs get good against the Bears. I first noticed it with Russell Wilson, but I feel like there's a long list of coaches and QBs who face the Bears, take about ten seconds to figure out what makes them great, and then go on to have great careers.  People complain about how little development paths there are for players in the NFL... maybe it's secretly facing the Bears?