Week 3 GDT: Bears @ Chiefs

Ty21

26 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

So to you, the only way Fields can “salvage” this season is by being a Top 10 passing QB? Do you not see how absolutely absurd that is? To base something as big as “can this guy quarterback our team” on a stat or two?

Oh, by the way, even as absolutely abysmal you all think he has been, he is on track to pass for 3600+ yards, which would have put him 12th last year. So once again, please try to tell me how we weren’t trying to lose and it should count against everyone in 2022

You are asking for 2 more passing first downs from what he has currently put up in the first two games. Is that really all you need? And not just you, 3500/4000 were major numbers that most people were throwing around all offseason.

Being in the top10 QB rating is a good start.  It would lead to big wins.  If not, it's because of the defense.  For this year, hell yeah... Fields did good if he ended up in the top10 QB in passing.

Right now, the defense sucks!  If the defense held the Packer to 19 points, we would be 1-1 lolz ahahahahaha🤣

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

So to you, the only way Fields can “salvage” this season is by being a Top 10 passing QB? Do you not see how absolutely absurd that is? To base something as big as “can this guy quarterback our team” on a stat or two?

Oh, by the way, even as absolutely abysmal you all think he has been, he is on track to pass for 3600+ yards, which would have put him 12th last year. So once again, please try to tell me how we weren’t trying to lose and it should count against everyone in 2022

You are asking for 2 more passing first downs from what he has currently put up in the first two games. Is that really all you need? And not just you, 3500/4000 were major numbers that most people were throwing around all offseason.

His passing yards are up but he is currently on pace for 17 TDs, 25 INTs, and 25 fumbles. Small sample size and he obviously wouldnt produce that line but still. There are reasonable complaints against basically everyone this year so far. It's ridiculous.

We saw how Fields caught fire last year. If Getsy isn't incompetent and stops handcuffing him I think he will again. He is much better than this organization has allowed him to be imo.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

We saw how Fields caught fire last year.

Fields last year was functional enough to be "a guy you can win some games with"

but those aren't exactly guys that can ever get you a ring..... He needs a massive jump from last year to be a viable option going forward.

Edited by Epyon

On Sunday during the game, I'll be, wait for it, at the bowling alley.  I've formed a team with a few family members.  As for the game, I think my 3 year old niece could call better plays and she doesn't know what football is.  With everything happening today, I bet this game is over by the end of the first quarter.  Unless we resort to how the Bears won in the 90s.  No one watched, that's why they won. 

Chiefs 90210

Bears 3

I bowl a 510 series so I can have some handicap

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

This organization can't have back to back winning seasons, let alone be in the conversation for rings.

That's actually a really good point, our good seasons are the outliers and quickly revert back to the mean (as in the Bears are mean to me)

I really hope Fields can put it together, as the one corollary to never having a QB is never having those repeating winning seasons.  If not, I hope this flames out hard enough that they start over fresh with all new front office people to get their QB. I know the Bears have a lot of needs but the best way to be good is still to have a good QB. Otherwise we're hoping for a historic defense to get us a winning season, or a fluky overperforming run game etc.  They shouldn't stop trying until they have a top 10 QB and then go from there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Just sayin, we’re getting closer and closer to the prophecy:

Z6oaCRV.jpg

I hope George and Teddy are two of those soon-to-be pelts.

3 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

That's actually a really good point, our good seasons are the outliers and quickly revert back to the mean (as in the Bears are mean to me)

I really hope Fields can put it together, as the one corollary to never having a QB is never having those repeating winning seasons.  If not, I hope this flames out hard enough that they start over fresh with all new front office people to get their QB. I know the Bears have a lot of needs but the best way to be good is still to have a good QB. Otherwise we're hoping for a historic defense to get us a winning season, or a fluky overperforming run game etc.  They shouldn't stop trying until they have a top 10 QB and then go from there. 

Same. I really like Fields and drafted him in real time. He wasn't the bad pick, the org having Nagy nosedive in his last year when he knew his time was up, then wasting his next year (maybe two) in a tank year followed by a culture of incompetence. Bears did Bears things.

Hopefully Warren isn't infected with whatever Bears management keeps passing around and he rights the ship. I've been a fan since the early/mid 90s and the team constantly disappoints.

I'm fine with drafting a QB every year until one separates from the pack. Thats embarrassing to have to basically have your team scratching lotto tickets until they win when it comes to the QB. And unless they are top 10 you sure as hell don't pay them big money. Franchise? Sure. But nothing longterm unless they're top 10.

48 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Man, remember Bradley Sowell and how Nagy kept making him switch from OT to TE and back?  Just picturing that guys phone going off and then saying to himself "well, gotta lose 15lbs by Sunday, again"

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Probably a money move.

but that doesn't make sense either. vet salaries are guaranteed if they're on the roster week 1, that's why teams generally cut vets at final cut down, only to break them back shortly thereafter.

cutting a guy on a wednesday and bringing him back on a thursday has zero financial benefits