Week 3 GDT: Bears @ Chiefs

Ty21

5 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Holy crap I went sailing for a couple hours and apparently missed... a lot of crazy ****.

Bring on that Matt Eberflus Face Tattoo, me buckoes, cause I'm guessing this **** ain't done getting strange. 

On plus side, you were sailing for a couple of hours.

Awesome.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

George has to take a step back and get a professional to make these decisions.

They've actually tried that twice now. The problem is both times George is still picking the guy who picks the guys. 

I think now it would fall exclusively to Warren, not George. That said, I'd be very skeptical that Poles gets canned with everyone else this offseason, though frankly he's made way more bad moves than good moves, and the offensive line still looking like this after two years, despite him being a former offensive linemen is a almost fireable on its own. 

I know a person who works @HH, and try and grill them for info anytime I see them just to get a general vibe of what people internally where saying about players. I can tell you right now the vibe, even before preseason, wasn't good on Fields at all. At best it was a "he had to be better" type comment, at a time when the media was still talking potential mvp.. What absolutely floored me though, was upon expressing disappointment that they didn't draft a center, the response I got was basically confusion about why I thought they even needed a center.

Now maybe that was just one staff member's opinion... But the outright surprised response leads me to think Center wasn't even a consideration around the entire facility, and good lord you can't miss an evaluation that obvious as a gm... Then add Claypool, and Nate Davis, the coaching staff.... And no major impact players so far in 2 years of drafting. 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Peterman released...Bagent should be active come Sunday.

Fields fired a shot at the coaches, Getsy has to be prepared to fire a shot back...... If Fields plays badly, he's getting benched so Getsy can try and prove it wasn't his fault.

Can't think of a worse possible game to have this drama in though..... KC's offense is underperforming with Nagy at the helm, but their Defense is among the league's best right now.  Terrible type of game for Fields to want to prove himself, and even more terrible game to consider throwing the rookie into the fire.   This is setting everyone up to fail, and could turn Trestman-ish really really fast.

3 hours ago, Pool said:

Legit blow it all up. Hire a new GM, who hires a new coach, who drafts Caleb Williams. This is an absolute dumpster fire

Man I should have multi quoted instead of 3 posting... but I'm going to be brutally honest here....

If I was Caleb Williams, I would flat out refuse to play in Chicago.... and only even consider it, if everyone (GM included) got fired first. There is absolutely nothing in this organization's history that suggests they are capable of building an offense, an offensive line, developing a QB, or putting a QB in anything resembling a position to succeed. Absolutely, unequivocally, no chance I'd play for this org. Straight up Eli Manning refuse.

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

This season went off the rails after two games. How can we trust Flus / Poles going forward. This seems like another horrible group of hires. George has to take a step back and get a professional to make these decisions.

It’s quite amusing to me to see Bears fans try to lay this (whatever this is) at the feet of Poles and Eberflus

And just assign things like “lost the locker room” to what’s happening, even though there is nothing to support that.

All the rumor mongering has been fueled by a fan base who has already shown themselves as completely unstable to start the year. And it has been stoked by the inaction of the people at the top. I mean the actual TOP. That would be the McCaskey’s and Kevin Warren. They are supposed to be the ultimate adults in the room, not holed up in Halas Hall while the inmates run wild with rumors and half truths (at best)

They should have come out, as soon as reporters and talking heads are leaving little bedcrumbs and stopped all of this. This is exactly what Warren was hired for, don’t see anyone freaking out that he isnt doing his job…

33 minutes ago, Epyon said:

They've actually tried that twice now. The problem is both times George is still picking the guy who picks the guys. 

I think now it would fall exclusively to Warren, not George. That said, I'd be very skeptical that Poles gets canned with everyone else this offseason, though frankly he's made way more bad moves than good moves, and the offensive line still looking like this after two years, despite him being a former offensive linemen is a almost fireable on its own. 

I know a person who works @HH, and try and grill them for info anytime I see them just to get a general vibe of what people internally where saying about players. I can tell you right now the vibe, even before preseason, wasn't good on Fields at all. At best it was a "he had to be better" type comment, at a time when the media was still talking potential mvp.. What absolutely floored me though, was upon expressing disappointment that they didn't draft a center, the response I got was basically confusion about why I thought they even needed a center.

Now maybe that was just one staff member's opinion... But the outright surprised response leads me to think Center wasn't even a consideration around the entire facility, and good lord you can't miss an evaluation that obvious as a gm... Then add Claypool, and Nate Davis, the coaching staff.... And no major impact players so far in 2 years of drafting. 

Darnell Wright is the canary in the coal mine to me. First year is hard to really scout players but year two you need to hit and Darnell needs to be a good player otherwise it’s not looking good for Poles.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It’s quite amusing to me to see Bears fans try to lay this (whatever this is) at the feet of Poles and Eberflus

And just assign things like “lost the locker room” to what’s happening, even though there is nothing to support that.

All the rumor mongering has been fueled by a fan base who has already shown themselves as completely unstable to start the year. And it has been stoked by the inaction of the people at the top. I mean the actual TOP. That would be the McCaskey’s and Kevin Warren. They are supposed to be the ultimate adults in the room, not holed up in Halas Hall while the inmates run wild with rumors and half truths (at best)

They should have come out, as soon as reporters and talking heads are leaving little bedcrumbs and stopped all of this. This is exactly what Warren was hired for, don’t see anyone freaking out that he isnt doing his job…

I'm not part of the group to called for anyone's firing.  Most of it is still on Fields, and he can salvage the season by throwing 65% and 4000yds + TDs even if we don't go 10-7 which I thought we were capable.  I do recognized that the Bears are out coached.

3 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

I'm not part of the group to called for anyone's firing.  Most of it is still on Fields, and he can salvage the season by throwing 65% and 4000yds + TDs even if we don't go 10-7 which I thought we were capable.  I do recognized that the Bears are out coached.

So to you, the only way Fields can “salvage” this season is by being a Top 10 passing QB? Do you not see how absolutely absurd that is? To base something as big as “can this guy quarterback our team” on a stat or two?

Oh, by the way, even as absolutely abysmal you all think he has been, he is on track to pass for 3600+ yards, which would have put him 12th last year. So once again, please try to tell me how we weren’t trying to lose and it should count against everyone in 2022

You are asking for 2 more passing first downs from what he has currently put up in the first two games. Is that really all you need? And not just you, 3500/4000 were major numbers that most people were throwing around all offseason.