GDT: Denver at Miami

AnAngryAmerican

15 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

My thoughts is this....and it's crazy....but here ya go.

Wait until the trade deadline when CHI is 1-10 and firmly in the Williams race. Then trade a 3rd for Justin Fields to sit a year behind Wilson. 

PSA I like Fields more than others and fully think he is being mismanaged. If you can pull him out of that dumpster fire and with a real offensive minded HC like Sean....you could get your 10 yr franchise QB for pennies on the dollar based on the Bears own stupidity 

I would love this and I totally agree with your thoughts on why Fields is doing so poorly there.  A few more misspoken words by him may only add fuel to him being traded but I think a lot of it will depend on where we sit standing wise.  Like if we are in a top 3/4 draft pick on our own do we just go with the college prospect whomever that may be but I do value the experience Fields already has.......

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Fields can't read defenses, period. He doesn't have it upstairs. In Payton's offense that relies on timing and being able to read defenses, he'd be a disaster. 

People need to stop overrating Fields. He's a terrific athlete who people want to be a good QB. He's awful, the Bears coaching is awful. Both things can be true. 

On a You Tube video I watched this week, an Ohio St. fan said this:

As an Ohio State fan, I cringed when the Bears drafted Justin Fields. It was the worst place for him. He would've been better sitting behind a vet for 2-3 years. A shame, because he's a hell of an athlete. He MIGHT even have a better chance on the Jets.

It was on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LN-JcuHA8

Cowherd was also talking about Wilson. He said that he looked 39, not 34, and that Stidham was brought in for a reason. 

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

33 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

I would love this and I totally agree with your thoughts on why Fields is doing so poorly there.  A few more misspoken words by him may only add fuel to him being traded but I think a lot of it will depend on where we sit standing wise.  Like if we are in a top 3/4 draft pick on our own do we just go with the college prospect whomever that may be but I do value the experience Fields already has.......

If we can get a top rookie Payton is almost certainly going there.   What he looks for in a QB in his system is where Fields struggles at.  For a guy in his 3rd year who a team is forced to have to commit the fully guaranteed 5th year 20M+ option this upcoming offseason  and then he gets more expensive after that?  I don’t see it all.  

I chose to trade back in the GM game as my top option  (and this had 1.1 - oh well) but I wouldn’t have argued against taking Fields at 1.9 2+ years ago.  But taking him now after his cheap years are done and he’s still not ready to run a functional system (CHI coaching def earns part of the blame) would be a massive mistake.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, anewdawn said:

I like him better than any prospect in this class not named Caleb Williams. For instance I would take Fields over Maye if that was the choice. Especially considering he is a top tier athlete at the position with experience.

I just believe in coaching and I saw Fields put up amazing passing numbers in college. Put him with a really good offensive mind like Payton and it could get scary. Payton could unlock the fully potential of Fields and the full potential of Fields as a passer and runner is a potential All Pro.

You just have to save him from the Bears before it's too late and he becomes mentally broken for good.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Fields can't read defenses, period. He doesn't have it upstairs. In Payton's offense that relies on timing and being able to read defenses, he'd be a disaster. 

People need to stop overrating Fields. He's a terrific athlete who people want to be a good QB. He's awful, the Bears coaching is awful. Both things can be true. 

As a Bears fan I agree with this. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I like him better than any prospect in this class not named Caleb Williams. For instance I would take Fields over Maye if that was the choice. Especially considering he is a top tier athlete at the position with experience.

I just believe in coaching and I saw Fields put up amazing passing numbers in college. Put him with a really good offensive mind like Payton and it could get scary. Payton could unlock the fully potential of Fields and the full potential of Fields as a passer and runner is a potential All Pro.

You just have to save him from the Bears before it's too late and he becomes mentally broken for good.

If you have no draft prospects and he’s cheap everyone is worth a look.  QB is that important to dismiss any possibility.  But he’s not cheap after next year and you have to lock in the 5th year likely well before you know if he can be fixed.  

Assuming he’s available it would still be a mistake to pass up a legit Rd1 prospect like Maye to go there. Those first 3 years being cheap matters a ton.  If we have no other choices then it’s about the price.   But being this poorly developed in his 3rd year is not something I think Payton & Paton would invest heavily in.  Nor should they. 

That's the sort of drive needed from the start.

I think it was a mistake to defer. We should've taken the ball to do that exact type of drive.

Just can't believe the pathetic tackling on display from this Defense, not to mention the lack of intelligence shown in the secondary.

Bassey hesitating on that speed motion was inexcusable. He must have been looking at that all week, and he goes for the run fake. Pathetic