Week 3: New Orleans Saints (2-0) at Green Bay Packers (1-1)

Old Guy

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This game comes down to our defensive coordinator getting his head out of his ***. 

Jaire follows Olave and Douglass follows Thomas. Put enough people in the box to stop the run and make Carr beat you. Joe Barely Cares you listening? 

The Saints are giving up 102 rushing yards per game. I think Jones was questionable last week, I bet he and Watson are a go this week. 

Definitely need to have a balanced attack. I expect we can put up at least 24 on them. They played TN and Carolina, two really bad teams. 

Win the turnover battle and I think we win the game. 

Jaire did not have a good game last week, certainly not to the level we expect from him.  A number of players on D need to wake up and step up.  We were lacking in a number of areas from a number of players.  

This has been a very good defense, we need to play top ball.  Their running game should be null, our D needs to feast on this.  Scheming important oh yeah, but then players need to make the plays.  Last week we did not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Matt needs to get Musgrave involved more in this offense. Love is 30th in expected completion percentage, meaning there isn't enough, get the TE in the flat or short over the seam type throws. 

Love the quick outs to a Doubs/Reed, and having Jones back should help with easier completions too. 

Excited if we have the full arsenal to see what our offense really is. 

Love is 30th in EPC but #1 in QB rating and #4 in QBR.  

What a weird combination.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

DVOA:

GB #6 offense vs NO #4 defense

NO #21 offense vs GB #11 defense

GB #5 ST vs NO #24 ST

Those are surprisingly bad numbers for NOLA given the competition. Tannehill with no weapons and Carolina with no weapons and a rookie QB. 

Rich B is the man though. 

Edited by Old Guy

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Love is 30th in EPC but #1 in QB rating and #4 in QBR.  

What a weird combination.

6 TD's no INTs or fumbles. He really needs to get his completion % up though. I know that is not all his fault dealing with all the young skilled position players. 

Edited by Old Guy

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This game comes down to our defensive coordinator getting his head out of his ***. 

Jaire follows Olave and Douglass follows Thomas. Put enough people in the box to stop the run and make Carr beat you. Joe Barely Cares you listening? 

The Saints are giving up 102 rushing yards per game. I think Jones was questionable last week, I bet he and Watson are a go this week. 

Definitely need to have a balanced attack. I expect we can put up at least 24 on them. They played TN and Carolina, two really bad teams. 

Win the turnover battle and I think we win the game. 

I hear you as I'm not of Barry either, but I've watched the game again now twice.  I would suggest the Falcon's debacle was more about lack of effort and blown assignments by some of our more experienced players.  Alexander leads the way here.  He really showed a lack of effort or willingness to want to tackle on several plays last week on plays run to his side.  He blew the coverage on that long pass in the second half that our safety was not able to break up down the field.  Leaders need to lead, and he failed miserably.  The Falcons killed us on the edges.  Watch the plays and tell me when you see a cornerback come up into the picture.  Effort was just not there.  Gary needs to relearn how to set an edge.  Those are two of our more experienced big money players.  I'm beginning to think that Gary just wants to rush the passer, responsibility to play sound run defense is optional.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No practice for Jones again. That's bad news for Sunday if he can't go against this defense. 

I'm not too worried until Friday.  More important to get the hammy worked on.  If he doesn't practice on Friday, I'd say he probably isn't going to play.  That's not etched in stone, but it's unlikely he plays.  

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Matt needs to get Musgrave involved more in this offense. Love is 30th in expected completion percentage, meaning there isn't enough, get the TE in the flat or short over the seam type throws. 

Love the quick outs to a Doubs/Reed, and having Jones back should help with easier completions too. 

Excited if we have the full arsenal to see what our offense really is. 

Man, Musgrave is fast. Got to get him singled up more on some crossers or wheel routes.