Week 3: New Orleans Saints (2-0) at Green Bay Packers (1-1)

Old Guy

6 minutes ago, Striker said:

The team has about $9.5M in cap space and likely considers this a rebuilding/retooling year. A Jakobi Meyers or DJ Chark maybe helps the stat line a little, but really wouldn't change much for this offense.

I wouldnt even care about getting a veteran who I thought would make a difference on the stat sheet. I would be looking for a guy to strictly mentor and hopefully teach the young guys some things in practice and the game. I think that would be extremely valuable in their development in a rebuilding year. I feel like a coach telling you something is one thing but a guy strapping it up and going out there with you telling you something can sometimes get through differently. As mentioned, not just to help the young receivers but maybe helps Love with something from a receivers perspective, maybe helps our young TEs who dont have a veteran in that group. 

To be fair, I dont know who exactly was available to fill that role and who is to say the Packers didnt talk to some veterans about that. Easier said than done to get guys to sign for low money just to be mainly a mentor.