Week 3 NFL general discussion

Blackstar12

8 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Lmao now talk to me about last week and the week before. Penalties have been much better. People just wait for literally any opportunity to be a doubter regardless of the overall product.

It’s been a problem. Just bc it’s been good for two weeks doesn’t erase what the Cowboys have been under McCarthy bc you just can’t trust them to stay disciplined on a consistent basis. And maybe people are making too big of a deal that Dallas beat up on a Jones led Giants team and a Wilson led Jets team. Both New York teams are terrible. You can make a case the Cards look better than both teams the Cowboys played in previous weeks. They just need to learn how to finish games. Well guess what? They sure finished Dallas. 

So again Dallas need to get better. They need to stop self-destructing and figure out how to get into the end zone once they get into the redzone. But the harsh reality is the Cowboys won’t be anything but a quick playoff out as long as Jerry is calling the shots and McCarthy is the head coach. I won’t even blame Dak for this mess. The play calling in the redzone was so predictable even I knew what they was going to do. 

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so do the browns and 49ers have the best defences in the league?

Need to see how we do vs. an elite offense. Yeah, we dominated Cincinnati, but our defense always seems to play well against them. Plus, Burrow wasn't healthy and the weather sucked.

I am excited about this defense, though. They're aggressive yet seem disciplined. Our tackling is night and day from last year. Will be fun to see how they play through the rest of the year.

What Schwartz has done with this defense just continues to illustrate just how awful Joe Woods was as DC.

Just now, DawgX said:

Need to see how we do vs. an elite offense. Yeah, we dominated Cincinnati, but our defense always seems to play well against them. Plus, Burrow wasn't healthy and the weather sucked.

I am excited about this defense, though. They're aggressive yet seem disciplined. Our tackling is night and day from last year. Will be fun to see how they play through the rest of the year.

What Schwartz has done with this defense just continues to illustrate just how awful Joe Woods was as DC.

we feel that way about matt canada, but now canada gets promoted of all things

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Nah, but the obsession with wanting to see a team fail for nothing more than your baseless self pleasure is hilarious. Sports fandom is pathetic.

Seriously, it’s one sloppy game and you’re ready to write them off. Crazy stuff.

It's because for my entire life Cowboys fans have liked to run their mouths, talk about how they won so many Super Bowls (like 30 years ago now), and yet in that entire time span they've been next to irrelevant on the field.

Cowboys fans talk a lot of smack when the team is nothing but Ls. It's annoying. It's grating. I don't hate the Cowboys. I hate a large portion of their fanbase. It's similar to why people dislike the Yankees, or the Lakers. But those teams have had success over the years even if in the Yankees case, not as much.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so do the browns and 49ers have the best defences in the league?

The Bills defense has looked great so far as well. 

The Saints didn't have a great 4th quarter but they have a very good defense as well. 

Cowboys will be fine and dominant despite this bad performance. 

The Browns defense has been the best through three games. Tough team to beat if Watson plays competent. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Do we need to talk about them being one of the most successful teams over the past several seasons now? It’s not like the performances were out of the blue, nor were they ordinary wins. They were absolute beat downs that could have been much worse. Obviously Dallas has talent everywhere.

It’s one game. But of course people will be absolutely pouring out of the woodworks because we’re talking about the Dallas Cowboys.

Or because if we're going to go to 100 for Wins, we need to go to 0 for Losses. In short, let's be more realistic about the the Cowboys.

• Like 1