Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

Just now, squire12 said:

it just feels so lighthearted.  it's not fake, but their doesn't seem to be much bite to his pissed off emotion

We are at a huge handicap with the Rodgers and now Bak dead cap. Detroit is doing it the right way but had to suck for years and traded their QB away to get here. We need to feel this one and get better. Detroit is at least a year further in the process but we’re not done. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

I'll take 2-2 after 4 to start the year but that's back to back weeks of them doing absolutely nothing the first 30 minutes. They were even worse this time around compared to last week. Figure it out

That is the most discouraging part.  They don't just play flat, they completely disappear for quarters at a time.  The ups are good.  But the downs are really bad.  I guess I was expecting more of a consistent mediocrity over a roller coaster.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They're definitely not going to the Super Bowl within 2 years.  And Goff is only part of the reason.  Ben Johnson is almost a shoe-in for a HC job this offseason.  And being the team to beat in the NFC North isn't exactly huge praise...

Goff just limits their ceiling too much for me to think they can make a SB run, even with the state of the NFC right now not being that stacked. Reminds me of the Matt Shaub Texans playoff teams or Dalton with the Bengals. Don't think anybody outside of those fan bases had any belief that they'd be serious SB contenders

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

A lot of GB fans in denial about DET being a good team.  Their 3-1 record was not against cupcakes.  GB is the weakest team they've played.

You can be a good team, but also not a great team.  It's like years ago when 7-9 was good enough to win the NFC West.  The Lions are probably a 9-11 win team that likely wins the NFC North.  Maybe if they get the right matchup in the Wild Card round they advance, but then they get curb stomped in the Divisional round.  Right now, you've got a reloading Green Bay team missing a good chunk of their OL and their best cover corner.  You've got a Minnesota team that can't get out of their own damn way.  And you've got the Chicago Bears who might be the worst franchise since the 0-16 Cleveland Browns.

• Like 2