Sashi Brown out in Cleveland

BroncoSojia

3 minutes ago, bluemushrooms said:

John Dorsey: Previous regime didn't get "real players".

Dorsey + Hue coming in hot for that superbowl ring next year.  

I feel bad for Brown's fans...

Not sure what the point in saying this and probably rubbing some players on the team the wrong way is.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Browns are innovators in dysfunction. It is pretty impressive.

Wrong. We put the FUN in dysfunction.

Hopefully this is a bump in the road

Ahhh...yes. If only I had a dollar for every single time I've uttered or heard the same phrase when talking about the Browns.

and Dorsey pulls through for the Browns fans. 

They should make a GM jersey instead of a QB jersey.

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus I hate this guy already.

His bedside manner surely needs polishing, but his results have been pretty good.

They need somebody to turn around the entire culture. That's going to involve some terse moments and abrasion as he guts this thing down to the studs. He ain't lookin to make friends. His and your future both depend on him being Ruthless, and you guys have had way too many Ruth's so far.

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

His bedside manner surely needs polishing, but his results have been pretty good.

They need somebody to turn around the entire culture. That's going to involve some terse moments and abrasion as he guts this thing down to the studs. He ain't lookin to make friends. His and your future both depend on him being Ruthless, and you guys have had way too many Ruth's so far.

Perhaps.

From what I've seen his drafts have been pretty mediocre as have many of his free agent signings.

Getting Alex Smith was smart, but a lot of the talent in KC was already there when he took the job (Berry, Poe, Hudson, Charles, Houston, Hali, Johnson, Bailey, etc).

He also seemed to have some issues with managing contracts/cap space.  

I'd just as soon have Sashi.

45 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Browns are innovators in dysfunction. It is pretty impressive.

Hopefully this is a bump in the road and Dorsey pulls through for the Browns fans. 

The real problem is Jimmy Haslam.  I have no idea how the guy made a successful business based on the way he's managing the Browns franchise.   

Just read on wikipedia that it took him four years after he started his career at Pilot to become VP of sales, development, and operations.  My mind was confused and blown for about 2 minutes until I scrolled up and read that his father founded the Pilot Corporation.

I guess the question now is, how has he not run Pilot into the ground?  Oh wait Wikpedia's got the answers, "In April 2013, the FBI executed a search warrant and affidavit detailing a five-year fraud scheme by the Pilot Flying J chain. The company paid restitution to customers and agreed to pay a $92 million penalty pursuant to a Criminal Enforcement Agreement."

Sorry for Haslam fans if I'm blind hating here but, from my perspective there isn't too much to like about this guy and imo, as a business person, he shows a really really really poor ability to lead/manage.

1 hour ago, bluemushrooms said:

The real problem is Jimmy Haslam.  I have no idea how the guy made a successful business based on the way he's managing the Browns franchise.   

Just read on wikipedia that it took him four years after he started his career at Pilot to become VP of sales, development, and operations.  My mind was confused and blown for about 2 minutes until I scrolled up and read that his father founded the Pilot Corporation.

I guess the question now is, how has he not run Pilot into the ground?  Oh wait Wikpedia's got the answers, "In April 2013, the FBI executed a search warrant and affidavit detailing a five-year fraud scheme by the Pilot Flying J chain. The company paid restitution to customers and agreed to pay a $92 million penalty pursuant to a Criminal Enforcement Agreement."

Sorry for Haslam fans if I'm blind hating here but, from my perspective there isn't too much to like about this guy and imo, as a business person, he shows a really really really poor ability to lead/manage.

It's a truck stop.. Ez money. 

On 12/12/2017 at 10:28 AM, Bonanza23 said:

The narrative you’re trying to make is sashi isn’t any good. Using way too early players isn’t the way to do it. 6 games is way too early for a qb to say he’s a franchise guy. And we don’t have a clue what peppers is going to be because he is way out of position. Just wait till next year when teams have time to take away what Watson does best and then see how Watson reacts. Could he be a franchise guy?  Don’t know. But could we please stop trying to say sashi is crap because he passed on this world beater franchise guy that is sure fire HOFer?  Please?

I mean...the Browns are 1-28 with Sashi Brown being the GM and his 2 drafts. Passing on Wentz and Watson gets you fired when your franchise hasnt had a QB going on 20 seasons. Not saying its all his fault but the analytics process and his crew stated that they didnt see Wentz as a top 20 QB. That single move alone gets you fired.

Archived