Sashi fired

sdrawkcab321

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Disagree, he’s put this franchise in really good shape. Whoever comes in next will look good because of it. 

Im with you on Hue needs to be fired too. The GM and coach go hand in hand for this debacle IMO. 

But hopefully whoever comes in next has the balls to pull the trigger on the QB and not hand one over to another franchise. 

1 minute ago, CleBrowns07 said:

Thats stupid logic. If a QB is there you take him. Especially a team that has desperately needed one for 18 freakin years. 

And it wouldn’t be stupid logic if we get Darnold/Rosen/mayfield along with the talent we have. Unfortunately we’ll never know because sashi won’t be able to see his plan come to fruition. 

8 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

I bet the new GM comes in here and we start blowing threw assets for average players and over spending on 29-32 year old free agents who have us cap strapped in 3 years.

^^ but we’ll go 9-7 for 3 years so that’s helpful 

we’re setup for success.  If a guy can come in and feast on what sushi set up for him we’ll be good for a decade.  I’d not we went through two years of misery for literally nothing.  

If if you look at the entire situation of what Sashi started with and look at the assets there are now to literally turn this team around in one season, I don’t see how any sane person couldn’t see progress.  That 2015 was so bad and so old with no space to add more going forward.  There are practically no restrictions this offseason.  Doubtful that we could even find enough players to come to Cleveland to spend 120 million.  

This sucks

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Disagree, he’s put this franchise in really good shape. Whoever comes in next will look good because of it. 

He definitely has in terms of draft capital. He's a good business man, but like I've been saying from the beginning, he should never have been promoted to the position he was in of being in control of personnel. I guess maybe Haslam recognizes we need a really strong football personnel guy to capitalize on the position Sashi has put us in with all these picks and cap room. Unfortunately, I have no faith in Haslam picking the right guy for the job. 

Just now, mistakey said:

Uh he giants just did it 

And that's chaos. But McAdoo had to go because he lost the players. Doesn't seem like the players are revolting against Hue. No sense in doing both right now, fire the GM, hire a new guy and let him decide what he wants to do.

3 minutes ago, CleBrowns07 said:

Im with you on Hue needs to be fired too. The GM and coach go hand in hand for this debacle IMO. 

But hopefully whoever comes in next has the balls to pull the trigger on the QB and not hand one over to another franchise. 

That we can agree on. I want a freaking qb. Ills will go away

I do want more of a happy medium going forward with things.

The last 2 years has been unacceptable. Blatantly tanking in year 1 was somewhat forgiveable and we were going to be bad no matter what.

This year, instead of throwing EVERY SINGLE Year 1/2 player to the wolves, we should have at least opted for more band aids, including:

*A veteran QB presence for the room, starter or not.

*Some semblance of quality veteran(s) at the WR and CB positions, as well as the FS positions

Other than that, I don't have too many gripes. We would have sucked with 30 year olds so we may as well have given some of these young dudes playing time.

6 minutes ago, CleBrowns07 said:

More importantly, the new GM and coach need to work hand in hand to have success in the future. I wonder if we can really get a top notch football personnel wizard type GM if there's the condition in place that Hue stays. This is such a Haslam way to go about it. 

2 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

He definitely has in terms of draft capital. He's a good business man, but like I've been saying from the beginning, he should never have been promoted to the position he was in of being in control of personnel. I guess maybe Haslam recognizes we need a really strong football personnel guy to capitalize on the position Sashi has put us in with all these picks and cap room. Unfortunately, I have no faith in Haslam picking the right guy for the job. 

Any chance that Jimmy Truckstop is smarter than we're giving him credit for, and this was his plan all along?  Get the young kid (who'll likely get another shot with another club as capologist) to vivisect our roster, give us as much draft capital and picks as possible, and then turn the entire proceeds of that process over to someone that had a great track record of scouting and drafting quality players?

Archived