First Coach Fired Thread

SaveOurSonics

On 10/24/2023 at 6:40 PM, ET80 said:

I mean... I get this, I really do. But sometimes you need a guy who can simply command the room and hold everyone accountable for their responsibilities.

Mike Vrabel was very similar as a DC for the Texans - he had prime JJ Watt and a freak of an athlete in Jadevion Clowney along with competent parts in AJ Bouye, Kareem Jackson, Brian Cushing, DJ Reader, Vince Wilfork; He could never scheme that unit into the top 25, let alone anything better. Yet, he understood players and got them to play hard, which is why he had a bit or a run in Tennessee.

Sometimes it's about surrounding yourself with Xs and Os guys and empowering them to do their job.

That’s a good point, but I’d also wager he keeps playcalling too, because Andy Reid did it, and he thinks he can do it, too.  

The NFL head coach should be a leadership position first.  You look at that position, and who has had long-term success doing it, and you don’t see a lot of guys who retained play-calling or the ability to have full personnel control.  I absolutely agree it’s about empowering people to do the job.  

Is it a bad idea to fire Rivera and let Bienemy sink or swim?  I don’t think so, but I also think Harris is going to keep up appearances and let Rivera ride it out through the end of the year.  They are doing a deep dive into how everything is structured, and I even think part of keeping Rivera is to see who keeps showing up and playing, so there is a baseline for who to keep versus who to fire.  

Hell, I even said in our forum we likely just hired our new GM as well.  It’s only a matter of time.  

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

There are more than a few Packers fans who are ready to ride LaFleur out of town on a rail.  The team is undisciplined and never seem ready to play no matter how much time the staff has to prepare them.

This play reminds me of the Cam Cameron era in Baltimore. Like who draws up these kinds of plays and goes "yeah that'll work!"???

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This play reminds me of the Cam Cameron era in Baltimore. Like who draws up these kinds of plays and goes "yeah that'll work!"???

I'm thankful I didn't get to see any of this mess on Sunday live.  MLF calls the goofiest plays that are destined to fail every time.  Drives us all nuts.  Rodgers camouflaged a lot of this garbage when he was in GB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

MCdaniels was so obvious. Terrible hire to begin with, had no idea what he’s doing.

Arrived, and almost immediately extended the contracts of Derek Carr, Darren Waller and Hunter Renfrow.

Within a year he had released Carr, traded Waller and frozen Renfrow out of the team.

His hand-picked replacement for Carr was a decrepit Jimmy Garoppolo who can't throw the ball beyond about 10 yards.

Even if you take away everything else he's done, good (lol) or bad, this sequence of events deserves him to never be put in a position of power again.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Arrived, and almost immediately extended the contracts of Derek Carr, Darren Waller and Hunter Renfrow.

Within a year he had released Carr, traded Waller and frozen Renfrow out of the team.

His hand-picked replacement for Carr was a decrepit Jimmy Garoppolo who can't throw the ball beyond about 10 yards.

Even if you take away everything else he's done, good (lol) or bad, this sequence of events deserves him to never be put in a position of power again.

When I look at LVR...there's 3 players I can name on their roster. 

Crosby, Adams, Jacobs.

Now really there is a few other decent players but I just listed the truly relevant ones. That team is so depleted of talent its ridiculous. In the offseason they may want to think about moving on from Adams for draft capital and tearing that team apart and starting over.

Also, tbf Renfrow would still be relevant if not for Josh McDumpster-Fire

Edited by VigilantZombie

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

But... I think we all know he'll be back in consideration for jobs in about 4-6 years.