First Coach Fired Thread

SaveOurSonics

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would bet Poles has dreams of Caleb Williams throwing the ball to Marvin Harrison Jr. next season which is why he would likely stick with the tank commander Eberflus longer than expected. To your point, keeping Eberflus also means your not serious about developing your current talent to win and are basically admitting to being okay with wrecking Fields to get your hands on Williams/Harrison who you might just turn around and wreck again.

Each loss it will be a tougher and tougher sell to the locker room about why he is still there.

I doubt it would be Poles decision. At least, he would not be the one to light the fuse. 

It would be franchise malpractice to intentionally pour gas on your existing roster in the hopes of landing 1 player who reportedly may not even declare. Either your team is legitimately bad enough to earn the #1 overall pick (as they were last year with a similar roster) or a new coach invigorates life into them & it turns out you're not nearly as far off as you thought you were with Eberflus. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrewPaul said:

When you're told to leave its a fine time to retire. He'll be held in esteem as he should be. He just needs a QB and I don't think Mac Jones is it.

What I’m saying is, he won’t be announced as fired ever. You never fire the guy who won you 6 super bowls. 

All of them should be. 

You could argue that a few of those teams lack talent. Imo, LAC is not one of those teams. Brandon Staley should feel fortunate he wasn't fired after last season. I think it's him, I do think however evert coach on that list gets fired. But I also think Brian Daboll should be on this list.

58 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Very possibly.

Keeping him around might secure that #1 pick though, so maybe he knows what he’s doing…

Between the pick they're getting from Carolina, their own pick, and what they'll get for Fields, they ought to be able to speed rebuild if they secure the first or even second overall pick.

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Between the pick they're getting from Carolina, their own pick, and what they'll get for Fields, they ought to be able to speed rebuild if they secure the first or even second overall pick.

All good points. Not sure what any of that has to do with Josh McDaniels or Mark Davis though…

• Like 1