First Coach Fired Thread

SaveOurSonics

I still don't think it happens during the season (Harris will probably want to keep up appearances that he gave RR a fair shot), but Sunday was for all intents and purposes the final nail in Ron Rivera's Washington coffin. Losing to the Bears and Giants this season is a bad resume addition. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I still don't think it happens during the season (Harris will probably want to keep up appearances that he gave RR a fair shot), but Sunday was for all intents and purposes the final nail in Ron Rivera's Washington coffin. Losing to the Bears and Giants this season is a bad resume addition. 

It’s over Johnny 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 2:39 PM, 49ersfan said:

I don't see the point of an in-season firing unless the HC is actively hindering the team/culture in a unique way like Urban Meyer or Bobby Petrino. I know Petrino quit on his team instead of being fired but you get the point 

Maybe also if you have interim HC candidate worthy of an extended look. But even then it can end up in disaster and you can waste an additional 1-2 years before doing a hard reset (see Mike Singletary taking over for Mike Nolan in 2008) 

I'd keep all the coaches like Eberflus, Rivera, McDaniels etc through the season & do a clean reset in 2024, but thats just me personally

Josh McDaniels hinders the franchise, the culture, and life itself by merely existing. 

2 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

And this is why I think Rivera is first guy gone - he's losing his locker room. It doesn't matter how much league circles respect you; If the 53 guys who suit up on Sunday don't like you, you're gone.

(This is further compounded by an actual possibility of a long term HC already on the sidelines...)

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

And this is why I think Rivera is first guy gone - he's losing his locker room. It doesn't matter how much league circles respect you; If the 53 guys who suit up on Sunday don't like you, you're gone.

(This is further compounded by an actual possibility of a long term HC already on the sidelines...)

Except that Jonathan Taylor doesn’t play for Washington 

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

That bad huh?

He's completely incapable of coming up with an offensive gameplan.  His playcalling is horrendous. He makes no adjustments during a game. Our QB is getting massacred and he doesn't adjust to add more protection, more screens, shorter routes, literally anything to help. He's a moron. 

• Like 1