John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

In my opinion: this was the best possible hire for the Browns. Dorsey has some flaws but his knack for finding talent, especially guys off the street/UDFA's etc, is excellent. With the ammo y'all have he's gonna work his magic in no time.

ps Alex Smith for one of those premo picks would be a solid start ?

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

In my opinion: this was the best possible hire for the Browns. Dorsey has some flaws but his knack for finding talent, especially guys off the street/UDFA's etc, is excellent. With the ammo y'all have he's gonna work his magic in no time.

Keep your hands off of our picks.

32 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Such a stupid rule i swear. Is it really needed in this day and age? 

That is all

mc

Depends, if you read peer reviewed studies, then yes.

If you swear by the Colbert truthiness philosophy, probably not

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

not good enough for these racists 

One of the recommended people?  Excuse me, but isn’t Ray Farmer on that list?  I think I’ll pass. I’ve seen that movie and I don’t like how it turned out. You know they know they have to fulfill the Rule, and I am sure they did. It might have been the minimum compliance, but it was met. I didn’t see Schefter or Mort tweeting any concerns about it. Well find out more details in the next few days, I’m sure. I think this will prove to be the hire that gets us going. Dorsey knows his stuff. And with our draft picks and cap room, there should be no excuses in 2018. Time will tell. Thank you. 

I’d happily take on Smith. Not for a 1st by any means but if the price is right, he could be a good transition QB. Dude has 23 TDs and 4 INTs though. I still think the Chiefs hang on to him another year or two. If they could swing Smith and draft Darnold, that’s an A+ scenario. Just think it’s unlikely.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

So why would a team that still needs some time to get going would get a 33 year old QB who likely wants to compete?

I don't think they are as far off as many people think.

Listen - the big issue here is whether Alex Smith is starting in KC, or not. If not, he is still young enough that he will want to move heaven and earth to start again in the NFL.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

So why would a team that still needs some time to get going would get a 33 year old QB who likely wants to compete?

As a Chiefs fan, I want Smith gone after this year.

However, as a semi-Browns fan, I kind of want Smith on the team (Browns). The Browns right now don't have anyone who can mentor a young QB. As long as you bring in Alex on a 1-2 year deal with him knowing the plan, and he's ok with it, it'll be beneficial to the rookie. The three young QB on the team currently are tainted imo. They probably don't have good practice or film watching habits, they're use to losing, and probably don't have a ton of faith in the front office and coaching staff. A rookie will need someone from the outside who has experience winning and isn't going to be brought down by past regime negativeness... if that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Forget that. Is one of Dorsey’s flaws getting fleeced in a trade?  Oh, I’m just kidding you, man. Thanks for the insight. 

Archived