We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

47 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I see Doubs as James Jones. If he's your 3, you're in really good shape. But if he's your 1 or 2, you want something better. 

Put another way as long as you have two really good WRs to go with him we're good. We do in Watson and Reed. Throw in Wicks for good measure and we have a damned nice receiver room of young talent. 

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You guys are pigeonholing yourselves into one position with that 1st round pick, and it's a mistake.  Take the BPA there and if it's Oline, great.  With 5 picks in the top 80 the Packers have the ammo to take a BPA in the 1st and still have enough ammo to get Oline, S, and RB or whatever covered.

Yeah.  If you get a good BPA in round 1, we won't regret it, whatever position group.  Can use a good player anywhere.  

OT, S, CB, RB, DL, G, that's 6 groups I'd sure like to hit.  5 picks vanish so fast. 

I wonder if there is any chance they'll add an outside FA to hit one group?  Probably not.  

At least one if not more of those six will go undrafted until Day 3.  And *IF* we use the top-80 picks all within those group, I'd like another safety besides, and an ILB to replace Campbell.  With Preston winding down, could use another OLB.  Could use a second CB, too.  

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

I like our WRs now, but we have enough picks that we can afford to add another one and raise the quality of that room even higher.

Yeah, I think it's likely that this is going to be the first year the Packers are going to have money to play with in FA since they signed the Smiths, so some part of "what we're looking for in the draft" has the potential to change dramatically.  But one thing we can be confident they're not going to add in FA is "a really good WR" since the top options at the position in free agency are like Tee Higgins, 31 year old Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley, and tiny Hollywood Brown.  Some of those are going to be productive players on NFL teams next year, but they don't move the needle like a Malik Nabers, Keon Coleman, or Rome Odunze would.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Iowa White Woodson territory 

The first player I disagree with the consensus on. I do not see the coverage skills translating to the NFL as a cornerback. I don’t even have him as a tier 1 safety either. He’s a day 2 for me to play safety.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tperk said:

Can we suck bad enough to get back into Alt territory?

Technically speaking, we're only 1 game ahead of the 10th pick.  Right now, SOS is going to keep Atlanta picking ahead of us assuming we finish with the same record.  The Packers would jump ahead of all the teams that currently have 5 wins except Chicago.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Technically speaking, we're only 1 game ahead of the 10th pick.  Right now, SOS is going to keep Atlanta picking ahead of us assuming we finish with the same record.  The Packers would jump ahead of all the teams that currently have 5 wins except Chicago.

What am I reading wrong here?

Currently, we're picking 19th. The team picking 10th currently is the Chargers and Atlanta's picking 11th.