Falcons trade 2025 6th round pick to Rams for WR Van Jefferson and 2025 7th

scar988

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

low/no risk for Falcons to kick the tires and see if anything transpires

Best case, Jefferson shows he's a true No. 2 that we need in the offense. 

Worst case, he either gets hurt or performs at a Scotty Miller level. Pretty much no downside from the pick swap.

Makes sense. We have too many WRs with Kupp back. Van is frustratingly inconsistent. Has enough speed to threaten deep. Can win with releases, routes, and quickness. Has shown the ability to make tough catches. But his hands are inconsistent, and he slacks on his routes sometimes. If he could put it together consistently, he has the potential to be a good #3 WR or a respectable #2 WR. But the Rams haven't been able to get that out of him with any sort of consistency.

Boy did his 2021 regular season have us fooled. Thought he was a great #3 after that year.

Then in the Super Bowl he was next level terrible. Just went downhill from there. The worst body catcher I've ever seen in my life, can't fight for the ball. He made a catch on 4th and 4 against the Colts and I was BEYOND shocked that he held onto it.

I hate to see Van go but he just was the odd man out in this lineup. I think the Rams are looking at Kupp, Puka, Tutu, Higbee, and Williams as their go to guys. Now you can say well what if someone gets hurt? I think the Rams have shown you they can find guys to step in and produce. I just think Van was hurting himself with drops and not running the route properly against the Niners that got Stafford picked off. Again I hate to see Van go but his value was literally zero once Kupp came back.

Now I think Van is talented and I wish him all the best. The Falcons imo dont need another pass catcher. They need a QB who can get guys like Pitts the ball more. London, Pitts, and Bijan is really all you need if you have a competent QB. So I sorta wished Van wouldve went to a team like the Chiefs who Mahomes could use or even the Ravens who Lamar could use. Van is going to be even worse with the Falcons if Ridder continues to struggle. But if things dont go well Van is a FA and get can just walk and hopefully go to a team that will get the most out of him.

16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You had the perfect opportunity to troll with "Falcons trade for Jefferson!!!" and you done messed up.

@NudeTayne we need to train these rookies right!

Absolutely should have done that.

16 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I hate to see Van go but he just was the odd man out in this lineup. I think the Rams are looking at Kupp, Puka, Tutu, Higbee, and Williams as their go to guys. Now you can say well what if someone gets hurt? I think the Rams have shown you they can find guys to step in and produce. I just think Van was hurting himself with drops and not running the route properly against the Niners that got Stafford picked off. Again I hate to see Van go but his value was literally zero once Kupp came back.

Now I think Van is talented and I wish him all the best. The Falcons imo dont need another pass catcher. They need a QB who can get guys like Pitts the ball more. London, Pitts, and Bijan is really all you need if you have a competent QB. So I sorta wished Van wouldve went to a team like the Chiefs who Mahomes could use or even the Ravens who Lamar could use. Van is going to be even worse with the Falcons if Ridder continues to struggle. But if things dont go well Van is a FA and get can just walk and hopefully go to a team that will get the most out of him.

They have the QB. When he's not being harassed all game, he puts up the numbers you'd expect him to. The biggest issue with the offense has been spacingand Van would really help that out the first 5 weeks. If Ridder looks like he did in week 5 for the majority of the games remaining this season, Van will be fine as the No. 3.

• Like 1