Is there an argument for Baker Mayfield #1 ?

bosko1616

4 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

The reason I say that is she puts in positive spins from Dorsey about Mayfield. If she were out to just dog the kid I don’t think she’d do that. Also looks like Allen went out if his way to give interviews. Just food for thought. 

I would argue that Allen needs to since he is a scrub - he needs all the positive imaging he can get and realizes it. Mayfield on the other hand, while needing it, doesn't seem to care which could be a sign or immaturity or confidence in his ability. 

None of these QBs are other QBs. There is nothing wrong with comparing a player to another player but its silly to write them off because of the other players eventual path. Ya gotta do your own homework (not us, we don't have the resources) and go from there. Whether it be on or off the field. Just because one reminds you of Alex Smith he could end up much better or worse, the job is to gamble and hope or to play it safe and hope.

24 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/4-reasons-qb-baker-mayfield-play-browns-no-1-draft-pick-225648068.html

Seems Scot McCloughan is on the Baker train. Interesting to read he and Dorsey are pals. Cant get a better scout friend to get opinions from. Bet Dorsey wouldve hired him, but the optics are too sketchy for this organization.

I might have posted something like this before but even if I did it bears repeating:

I like Dorsey but he isn't the sharpest knife in anyone's drawer.

I hope to God that his mental abilities are not so weak as to allow him to let his memories of Farve dictate his decision for our QBOTF.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

I might have posted something like this before but even if I did it bears repeating:

I like Dorsey but he isn't the sharpest knife in anyone's drawer.

I hope to God that his mental abilities are not so weak as to allow him to let his memories of Farve dictate his decision for our QBOTF.

Jeezus, Bruce! The way you talk about Dorsey youd think HE was 65 with dementia, instead of you.

49 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Jeezus, Bruce! The way you talk about Dorsey youd think HE was 65 with dementia, instead of you.

The more I hear him speak the more I at once admire his "see the ball, hit the ball" mentality, but simultaneously question whether that's the limit of his cognitive depth.

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/4-reasons-qb-baker-mayfield-play-browns-no-1-draft-pick-225648068.html

Seems Scot McCloughan is on the Baker train. Interesting to read he and Dorsey are pals. Cant get a better scout friend to get opinions from. Bet Dorsey wouldve hired him, but the optics are too sketchy for this organization.

True, but they're not just friends...they see and scout things similarly from their time in GB.

See below article and McCloughan radio interview where he said he'd take Baker number 1 overall.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma/former-nfl-gm-says-draft-baker-mayfield-franchise-quarterback

Scot McCloughan thinks Baker Mayfield “....reminds me of a shorter version of Brett Favre."

And he would rather build around him than Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Josh Allen.

McCloughan and Dorsey are pees in a pod.

As I predicted first, Dorsey will take Mayfield number 1.

Everyone hates Hue, but it may be up to Hue and his USC Sam Darnold love to save us...by going all in on Sam Darnold.

Maybe Todd Haley, Ken Zampese, and Hue can unify for Team Darnold??

Will the triumvirate of Eliot Wolf, Highsmith, and Dorsey band together behind their next "smaller Favre" and override the coaches decision?

Will this debate ultimately undo the potentially honeymoon period between Dorsey and Hue?

Will Jimmy Haslam actually side with Hue and undermine his GM to go with Darnold?

For answers to this and more, tune in next time to your favorite show "meathead Dorsey's taking Baker number 1."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Did I mention that I hate this time of the year?

And even more I hate that we're going to freaking pass on Sam Darnold after years of losing and somehow getting the number 1 overall pick......

Oh by the way, I saw Sashi at a strip club with Kenny Britt, and he told me that he would've selected Sam Darnold...

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The more I hear him speak the more I at once admire his "see the ball, hit the ball" mentality, but simultaneously question whether that's the limit of his cognitive depth.

lol Wow! Bruce, you are one cold-blooded dude. Still love ya, buddy.

8 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

True, but their not just friends...they see and scout things similarly from their time in GB.

See below article and McCloughan radio interview where he said he'd take Baker number 1 overall.

Thanks for the link. BTW, I saw Sashi at the free-clinic 2 days after that with the clap;) All he said was... Worth it. Totally worth it.    Whatever that means

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Johnny’s issues were never football. It was partying and work ethic. He could make every throw and has great zip. So in that regard sure he’s similar to baker. But baker is much more polished in going though progressions and decision making. 

So much this.

Folks forget that Johnny didn’t look terrible in 16 with ZERO WR talent and being drunk most of the time and not preparing.

The kid could play the game a bit, he was just an idiot.

Archived