Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Are you crazy? lol  

I mean, obviously it isn't something that would or should happen. The dl players train their whole lives to attack. Flipping to the other side of the ball is a completely different skill set. 

I'm just desperate for line play that isn't this bad.

Keith Carter needs to go. Tennessee let him go for a reason. There was a lot of negative talk about his system during camp and how there was a huge adjustment period. We see too many plays where there are unblocked guys coming after the QB. 

So many injured OLs across the league but no one looks as incompetent as ours. No excuses. We really need to clean house. Carter, Hackett, Saleh, Zach. Maybe keep JD, idk I can’t decide. Is there anyone available?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Keith Carter needs to go. Tennessee let him go for a reason. There was a lot of negative talk about his system during camp and how there was a huge adjustment period. We see too many plays where there are unblocked guys coming after the QB. 

So many injured OLs across the league but no one looks as incompetent as ours. No excuses. We really need to clean house. Carter, Hackett, Saleh, Zach. Maybe keep JD, idk I can’t decide. Is there anyone available?

Yep, our OL problems are def way more than talent. There are so many OLs who have as many injuries and issues as we do, but they are not nearly as big of a liability.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I just saw my buddy at the gym who’s a Titans fan and that was literally the first thing he said to me. 

• Like 1

So, had we not won that meaningless game against the Texans we would be picking what, 4th? with games against the Commanders and patriots coming that could get us as high as 3rd and maybe even #2??

We suck at Tanking. #2 would be enough leverage to even trade down and get picks and still draft an elite LT

3 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

So, had we not won that meaningless game against the Texans we would be picking what, 4th? with games against the Commanders and patriots coming that could get us as high as 3rd and maybe even #2??

We suck at Tanking. #2 would be enough leverage to even trade down and get picks and still draft an elite LT

Yeah that’s why I don’t get excited for wins like that. People were talking crazy last week, and it always comes crashing down. The momentum never carries over.

4 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

Zach going for 300 and 2 TDs isn't meaningless. Given he's a likely trade candidate, it ups his value.

22 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I remember Titan fans bashing him. Horrible hire, should be fired after watching how bad the OL has been. Worst OL performance I've seen in a while. 

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Well, it upped his value because he had negative value before that performance. Hardly anything to get excited about.

We probably get a 4 for him and a better coach has him playing decent ball. He definitively has issues processing and his pocket awareness is horrible but he can throw for sure. We have the worst OC in the game and the worst assembled OL I have ever seen. Taking Becton over Wirfs was such a whiff. That guy isn't playable. He also isnt a LT. His skill set is for RT at best and hes really a medicore swing at this stage. He wont be back we will definitelty move on. 

Okay 3 games left, I don't see great prospects for any of these games. Commanders, Cleveland, and N.E.

Of the remaining 3 games 2 are winnable, however considering the current state of the N.Y.Jets O line, QB position and depleted D.

I'm hard pressed to believe they are capable of winning any of these games. Zach is in concussion protocol, the offensive line (uuugggghhhh what can I say) and the Jets have a banged up D line.

I also believe the Jets D players are just worn out being on the field 3/4 of the time as compared to the O, and many times 3 and out. 

While the Commanders offer the least resistance, I think it may be safe to say TS will be the starter until further notice, Cleveland will dominate the O line, and the Jets under Saleh have never beaten the Jets.

So if my observations are true and Chicago can win another game the Jets could wind up with the 4th pick in the draft.

Prime real estate for a draft down.

I probably won't watch any more games, but I am keeping up with some stats. 

* Huff is 2 sacks away from 10 total. 

*JJ is 3.5 sacks away from 10. 

* GW is 118 yards away from 1,000. 

* Conklin is 12th in receiving yards out of all TEs and is 69 yards away from his career high. 

* Quincy Williams has 11 total tackles in 7 games in Jax before we signed him. He has hit 110,106, and now 116 total tackles the last 3 seasons. Amazing pick up. 

* Solomon Thomas quietly has 5 sacks for the season while in rotation. Good bounce back for his career. 

• Like 1