Bears getting Sweaty (Trading for Montez Sweat from Commanders)

The Gnat

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Nothing like letting your GM on the hot seat sell picks he may not get to make into players that might get him enough wins to stick around. Works so well for every team that's done this in the past.

He's probably not on the hot seat. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Sweat is a good player, and I'm happy he is gone from the division, but I can't believe the Bears are buying. Poles has no idea what he is doing.

How many years in a row are we supposed sell? At some point you need some proven good players. 

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ah yes let’s trade a premium pick for an aging pass rusher (who is good don’t get me wrong) who we now have to pay massive money to all while we should be tanking.  

I don’t get it. 

27 isn't exactly old.

What doesn't make sense to me is why the Bears are doing this when they're in no position to win this year, and it's pretty doubtful Justin Fields ever becomes the clear cut answer as their Franchise guy.

Rather see them Draft Caleb and another blue chip guy and build around that through the draft.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I don't understand what the plan of the bears is...

The only thing that makes sense is a desperate GM trying to do everything he can to keep his job another season.

Which is unhealthy for the long term of the franchise.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Danger said:

27 isn't exactly old.

What doesn't make sense to me is why the Bears are doing this when they're in no position to win this year, and it's pretty doubtful Justin Fields ever becomes the clear cut answer as their Franchise guy.

Rather see them Draft Caleb and another blue chip guy and build around that through the draft.

Yeah, 27 isn't old. Sweat is in his prime, and he's a good pass rusher. He's good for just about 8 sacks every year, which is valuable for sure.

That said, you're absolutely right. This is a move a team like the Seahawks or Lions should make, not the Bears.

• Like 2