Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yikes (if true) 

Daboll’s sideline behavior was destructive, in many coaches’ opinions. His input was never proactive, always reactionary. And his outrage was rarely accompanied by a suggested solution.

“He has no composure,” one team source said.

America saw it first-hand on Sunday Night Football Oct. 15 in Buffalo. NBC sideline reporter Melissa Stark said a “very frustrated” Daboll couldn’t answer questions at halftime because, he admitted: “My head is not in this. I cannot focus on anything right now.

They have to fire this dude 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would be a good pickup imo i liked Raheem while he was here and when he took over interim coach.  Alot of Falcon fans would have been more than happy if they had took the interim off him and made him full time HC at that time.  Still has a pretty good backing as well right now from Falcon fans that we would be ok if he is brought in as HC this go around as well.   A few guys i think i prefer more than him but if he was the choice im not mad at it at all.

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Would be a good pickup imo i liked Raheem while he was here and when he took over interim coach.  Alot of Falcon fans would have been more than happy if they had took the interim off him and made him full time HC at that time.  Still has a pretty good backing as well right now from Falcon fans that we would be ok if he is brought in as HC this go around as well.   A few guys i think i prefer more than him but if he was the choice im not mad at it at all.

I wouldn’t;t mind him or McDonald in Washington.  I also think that Morris working with Shanahan and McVay will lead to him being able to recruit a great offensive mind to rum his offense too.  

34 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I wouldn’t;t mind him or McDonald in Washington.  I also think that Morris working with Shanahan and McVay will lead to him being able to recruit a great offensive mind to rum his offense too.  

Agreed and i honestly forgot he is paired with Shanny and Mcvay and has been a few times.  So you are highly likely to get a up and coming OC from that tree he knows and trusts.   I might have to even move him up higher on my HC position for the Falcons after you said that lol.  because that offensive tree usually doesn't miss which is why im looking hard at Slowick as well.   If he misses as a HC he will be the 1st from that god tier Washington coaching group that did.  I think in order this is my group of HC's i want for the Falcons

1. Mike Tomlin - if released
2. Jon Harbaugh - Doubt we have a chance
3. Ben Johnson
4. Mike Vrabel
5. Mike Macdonald
6. Bobby Slowick
7. Raheem Morris
8. Pete Carroll
9. Steve Wilkes
10. Bill Bellicheck - Can move up alot to top 5 if i knew he wouldn't get GM duties and knew Josh Mcdaniels was guaranteed OC coming with him.

Everyone else im probably passing on right now.  But any of those guys i would atleast be pretty happy with.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Are Belichick, McDaniels and Vrabel gonna go try to make a super team somewhere do we think?

Nah, Belichick and McDaniels go to Atlanta. Vrabel sits out the year or goes to Dallas if McCarthy gets canned.

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Hard to believe that someone who spent the vast, vast majority of their career under Belichick and Saban would be difficult to work with. If only there had been some clue…

It seems being an ******* is a prerequisite to being a coach under Belichick. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adamq said:

Daboll’s sideline behavior was destructive, in many coaches’ opinions. His input was never proactive, always reactionary. And his outrage was rarely accompanied by a suggested solution.

“He has no composure,” one team source said.

America saw it first-hand on Sunday Night Football Oct. 15 in Buffalo. NBC sideline reporter Melissa Stark said a “very frustrated” Daboll couldn’t answer questions at halftime because, he admitted: “My head is not in this. I cannot focus on anything right now.

They have to fire this dude 

Not surprising at all.  When he was on the Browns there were many reports of how toxic Daboll was and his leadership style is basically 'lash out and blame everyone around you'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Are Belichick, McDaniels and Vrabel gonna go try to make a super team somewhere do we think?

I would be surprised if Vrabel doesn't have a HC job somewhere by the end of all the coaching hires.  He is to good of a HC not to get a spot somewhere nice.   Only way i see it happening is if he himself wants to step away for a year to get some rest and then go back strong or if he wants to step down to a DC in a scenario you said but that would be crazy to me if he did that lol.