Trevor Lawrence and the Jags - Year 4 (T-Law is what he is)

notthatbluestuff

7 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

To be fair I believe wins are a team stat.

Mike Tomlin is still producing with Kenny Freaking Pickett.

Oh boy that guy is terrible. Still shocks me they took him in the 1st. He was graded as a third rounder with the Ridder and Willis’s of the world. 

• Like 1

Can a Jags fan explain to me why he looks so bad? You see so much great QB play this year, Burrow, Lamar, Tua, Allen, Stroud, Mahomes, Herbert, Cousins, Goff, Dak, Hurts, and Purdy have all looked great, while guys like Howell, Love, Richardson, Geno, Stafford, Baker, and Russ have all had multiple terrific games. 

Lawrence has looked bad. Really bad. I won’t say terrible, but REALLY bad. He definitely has not been a Top 20 QB this year. What’s wrong? How do they fix it?

I think people are so anchored on that game vs Alabama as a freshmen that they are still blinded by it 

We were all blown away and it was pretty universal that he was supposed to be one of the GOAT NFL prospects. Fast forward two seasons of CFB and he didn’t improve tangibly. Some people still loved him the same amount or more, but many were concerned about lack of progress and growth. 

Three seasons into his NFL career - he’s a good player and certainly very talented. But again; the growth, mental game, and improvement still isn’t happening in a meaningful way.

I think he’s absurdly talented. Great size, great arm, great athleticism. He’s one of the toolsiest QBs in the league. I just think the mental side of the game comes slow for him. He is improving but I think he’s a slow learner, which is fine. But it might take him 6 or 7 years to grow the way most hotshot QBs do in 2 or 3. 

I think the expectations we had for a 19YO Lawrence should be long gone though. It’s unrealistic, he’s not going to be one of the best players in NFL history 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Can a Jags fan explain to me why he looks so bad? You see so much great QB play this year, Burrow, Lamar, Tua, Allen, Stroud, Mahomes, Herbert, Cousins, Goff, Dak, Hurts, and Purdy have all looked great, while guys like Howell, Love, Richardson, Geno, Stafford, Baker, and Russ have all had multiple terrific games. 

Lawrence has looked bad. Really bad. I won’t say terrible, but REALLY bad. He definitely has not been a Top 20 QB this year. What’s wrong? How do they fix it?

Please explain to us how he’s looked really bad. 

9 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Not a Jags fan but he's on my fantasy team so I watch every game. He hasn't looked bad at all to me. A few bonehead plays here and there but his struggles are more coaching/pass catcher related to me. A QB struggling isn't always just as simple as them playing bad. 

F-6BBxaWgAAydOr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Trevor Lawrence when blitzed: #35 of 35 in completion%  #34 in EPA/att  #34 in success %

Trevor Lawrence when pressured: #34 of 35 in EPA/att  #30 in sack%  #30 in sacks per pressure

Seems to me like Lawrence is going to be a guy you have to keep clean. He's shown enough that you give him the 5th year option and make a decision sometime next year.