General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

Give me Landry. 15M whatever. He’s worth it. Who cares if he’s a slot guy? He’s an elite slot guy and we’ll almost always have 3-4 WRs lineup up.  We’ve got plenty of money to spend and we’ll need to pay a premium because of our trashness. We can’t say no to talent. 

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Like I said, I do get both of these. I just think there are guys at other positions way more worthy of the money (CB, S, etc.), and that I think we have a better version of him on the roster already in Duke if we actually used him consistently.

We’ve money to spend on Landry+ a corner plus a safety and pretty much anything else we want. You can run both of them out of the slot in 4 WR sets or have Duke catching out of the backfield. Having too many good WRs shouldn’t be a problem we need to worry about. 

Just now, Dawgpoun8017 said:

He can be the biggest A-hole in the world idc as long as he helps us win 

though I agree, an OC who does well with BigBen, Bell an Brown along with a bunch of other talented guys isn't a sure fire thing. I think the highest peak in terms of QB play in the NFL this year hascome from Big Ben, he is just unreal at times. He isn't always there, but the man is exceptional. 

He could be just another average to above average OC. 

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

though I agree, an OC who does well with BigBen, Bell an Brown along with a bunch of other talented guys isn't a sure fire thing. I think the highest peak in terms of QB play in the NFL this year hascome from Big Ben, he is just unreal at times. He isn't always there, but the man is exceptional. 

He could be just another average to above average OC. 

I would maybe agree that it’s more beneficial and everyone if he had not shown to be an exceptional OC elsewhere 

23 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’ve money to spend on Landry+ a corner plus a safety and pretty much anything else we want. You can run both of them out of the slot in 4 WR sets or have Duke catching out of the backfield. Having too many good WRs shouldn’t be a problem we need to worry about. 

Sure we do, if you don't want to resign anybody on the team for a couple years. Personally I want to keep all of our actual good draft picks at home.

I'm all about bringing in talent. So let's get a WR that's actually good instead of one who is a decent #3. Go get Allen Robinson. Or Sammy Watkins. Or Paul Richardson if we are sticking with this vertical bombs based offense. I think we can get a Landry type WR on the cheap in FA or in the 4th/5th of the draft.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Sure we do, if you don't want to resign anybody on the team for a couple years. Personally I want to keep all of our actual good draft picks at home.

I'm all about bringing in talent. So let's get a WR that's actually good instead of one who is a decent #3. Go get Allen Robinson. Or Sammy Watkins. Or Paul Richardson if we are sticking with this vertical bombs based offense. I think we can get a Landry type WR on the cheap in FA or in the 4th/5th of the draft.

You say you want a good WR instead of a decent #3 and than you name Watkins. 

Your saying we can get a landry Type WR for cheap or in the 4/5th rd? Landry’s 4years he is averaging  basically 100 catches 1000yarss and 5TDs. That kind of production doesn’t grow on trees. 

Also what makes you think the Jags would let Robinson walk?

31 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You say you want a good WR instead of a decent #3 and than you name Watkins. 

Your saying we can get a landry Type WR for cheap or in the 4/5th rd? Landry’s 4years he is averaging  basically 100 catches 1000yarss and 5TDs. That kind of production doesn’t grow on trees. 

Also what makes you think the Jags would let Robinson walk?

Like I've said already, you are looking at raw numbers instead of how he got them. The dude was getting 10 targets a game. He averaged less than 9 yards per catch. He's a slower version of Duke but a couple inches taller.

Watkins was better than one would think this year. Yet again, raw numbers versus how they got there. Watkins had serious chemistry issues with Goff, but he actually showed off veeeeery sure hands this year (one drop all year) and was still a major deep threat.

I don't know if they'll "let Robinson walk" but they will have to franchise tag him if they want to keep him, and they actually don't have enough cap space to do that unless they renounce Bortles' 5th year option. So that one we will have to wait and see.

As I've said, I'm all about spending big money on big time talent that's young enough to still be here when we compete (LOVED the Zeitler deal and the Bitonio/Kirksey/Collins extensions), but I am NOT for blowing long term cap space (Landry isn't coming on a deal without big time guaranteed money in years 2-3) just for the sake of the PR of "we got a WR!" when he DOES NOT FIT what we do on offense. Now if we were moving to a west coast, horizontal passing game, I'd be more interested. But Landry is NOT a good fit for a vertical, downfield shots offense.

7 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

But Landry is NOT a good fit for a vertical, downfield shots offense.

Nor is a vertical, downfield shots offense a good fit for the Browns, or for most any NFL team, for that matter.

What other team/HC/OC so woodenly subscribes to that kind of a system in addition to Hueball?

21 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I love Joe Thomas... And every time I think about Joe...I'm beyond pissed that we ruined his best years with absolute garbage rosters.

I listened to the Thomahawk show it was great. 

the first episode is what it is like to lose continually. 

SEEMS like he is coming back depending on his health. 

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I love Joe Thomas... And every time I think about Joe...I'm beyond pissed that we ruined his best years with absolute garbage rosters.

Man, he seems like such a great guy. I really hope we start seeing some success as a team while Joe is still around. Talk about a player who truly deserves to be a part of a winning team.

Archived