General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

17 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Joe Thomas interview:

- If he was the GM, he'd sign Kirk Cousins

I'm all for this. I'd go after him and if we can't get him I'd draft Darnold or Rosen, but preferably Sam.

draft Saquon Barkley

Not at #1 overall please. I still think that you can find a great/quality RB later in the draft, but I certainly won't be super upset if we get arguably the best player in the draft, even if he is a RB.

and a top defensive guy at 1 and 4.

I don't prefer Chubb as I feel like Ogbah is really good, plus we already have Garrett. I am mixed on Minkah but open to it. I'd still love a trade back here personally, but whatever.

- What he likes about Dorsey is that he told him he doesn't believe in starting a rookie QB.

I sincerely hope that this is the case and that we get Alex Smith or a quality veteran if we can't land Cousins.

21 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Joe Thomas interview:

- If he was the GM, he'd sign Kirk Cousins, draft Saquon Barkley and a top defensive guy at 1 and 4.

- What he likes about Dorsey is that he told him he doesn't believe in starting a rookie QB.

Of course he would, he’s 33 and wants to win a bit.

I don’t think drafting a RB at 1 in 2018 is a wise more long term for the franchise.  For Joe Thomas’s window? Sure.

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Of course he would, he’s 33 and wants to win a bit.

I don’t think drafting a RB at 1 in 2018 is a wise more long term for the franchise.  For Joe Thomas’s window? Sure.

Yeah. Joe also comes across as someone who knows where his bread is buttered.

A 30 year old QB with a losing career record joining an 0-16 team on the highest paid contract ever. Not for me. I like Cousins, he's a good QB. 

Just take the best 20 year old QB and build around him for the next 10-15 years.

12 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Yeah. Joe also comes across as someone who knows where his bread is buttered.

A 30 year old QB with a losing career record joining an 0-16 team on the highest paid contract ever. Not for me. I like Cousins, he's a good QB. 

Just take the best 20 year old QB and build around him for the next 10-15 years.

I’m ok with Cousins, Barkley at 1 would be a stake to the heart.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Would you rather:

Draft Barkley at #1

OR

Josh Allen at #1

Yikes. I firmly believe we have to take Darnold or Rosen at #1, but if this was the only choice, I'd take Barkley. Allen is my #4 QB, so we could still get one of the top 4 with the 4th pick.

Take Darnold at #1.

Assume the Giants take Rosen at #2. See what the Colts do at #3. If they take Barkley, send that #4 pick to a desperate team that wants Allen or Mayfield ahead of the Broncos.

If the Colts don't take Barkley, I'd be inclined to draft him at #4, and not worry about subjective opinions on positional value. I would simply see it as giving Sam Darnold the single best player in the draft to be his backfield partner for the next decade.

#1 - Sam Darnold, QB, USC

#4 - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

or

#4 - A ton of high picks from trading

Either one is absolutely fine by me.

9 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Take Darnold at #1.

Assume the Giants take Rosen at #2. See what the Colts do at #3. If they take Barkley, send that #4 pick to a desperate team that wants Allen or Mayfield ahead of the Broncos.

If the Colts don't take Barkley, I'd be inclined to draft him at #4, and not worry about subjective opinions on positional value. I would simply see it as giving Sam Darnold the single best player in the draft to be his backfield partner for the next decade.

#4 - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

or

#4 - A ton of high picks from trading

Either one is absolutely fine by me.

I'd honestly be down for that.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'd honestly be down for that.

here's whats funny to me. Most posters in the forum don't like Allen and don't like Mayfield. Most think neither is going to be a franchise QB. If we drafted either of them the page would be up in arms. Yet, these are the same people that think some other team is going to give up major assets and picks to move up in the draft high to take one of them. 

Archived