Quantifying Our Quarterback Quandary...

vike daddy

11 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Right, I'm not suggesting he could have been pur starter next year, just the placeholder this year.

Sorry...I was confused.  When Cousins was mentioned, I thought we were going back to 2018.  My bad.  As far as this year, I'm sure they considered him, but I think the fact that Dobbs had actually been playing took precedence.  Flacco was coming in off the street and no one really knew whether he was in football shape. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

After announcing the change in his Tuesday press conference, head coach Kevin O’Connell said he’s gotten the impression Dobbs understands why the team is making the change.

O’Connell: “Josh, for the better part of four games and three quarters there, led us to three wins and there’s a lot of teams in this league that when they do lose their starter, it takes a lot to overcome that and continue pressing onward. The team we’re playing this week, they’re experiencing it right now and Jake Browning’s doing a lot of good things to lead them to some wins at the right time of the year. So, I think Josh understands the process and where we’ve been at.

“I think he has respect for the opportunity he had and some of the really good things he did, but I think in communicating with him and making sure he knows exactly what the thought process is, the idea was to make sure there’s full transparency with these guys. I do believe Nick Mullens gives us the best chance to win the football game this Saturday, and that’s the decision we’ve made.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kevin-oconnell-i-think-josh-dobbs-understands-decision-to-start-nick-mullens

@PrplChilPill

26 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Sadly with how bad the nfc is, we’ll still be the 6th seed.

I’ve been ready for Hall since the DEN game. I’m just ahead of the curve. I guess every lose bring us closer to possibly Hall, and the only chance to possibly salvage the season. 

Even if Hall is not fully ready, throw him in and see if there is unknown on field development.