2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

9 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Marv isn't going to do a pro day nor participate in the combine. He should be punished accordingly. His stock should plummet so he has to be available at 13.

😆

In all seriousness though, it's disappointing as a fan and draft enthusiast.  But in the grand scheme of things, i completely understand why he'd decline to participate in all those drills.  He really just does not have anything to gain from it.  It could really only hurt him if something doesn't come back as good as expected.  Otherwise it'd just be checking off boxes that are already basically checked from watching the tape.  Or worse, he could actually end up injuring himself doing some stupid non-football drills and get himself behind the sticks on starting that NFL transition.

41 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Where do you guys see Ja’Lynn Polk grading out as a prospect? Could he be a surprise late 1st round pick or more likely early to mid second round pick?

I feel like Polk is part of that huge cluster of the sort of "third tier" of WRs in this draft.  You've got the Big 3 in one tier, then the "mid-late 1st" cluster with guys like Thomas Jr., Coleman, Franklin, and probably Mitchell and Legette.  Then you've just got a whole mess of all different flavors of WR who i could see going anywhere from early Rnd2 to even slipping to Rnd3.  I think it's going to come down a lot to which "type" of Receiver teams like throughout that range, more so than how they grade out even.  Each team is probably going to have complete different order on these guys. 

There's probably a dozen+ guys in that bracket and i don't think they're all going to end up going in Round2.  The supply being so huge means that some will inevitably spill over and someone will get a "2nd round talent" in the 3rd Round.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

You think titans trade up for him?

No chance. Better chance we trade down then up imo. That’s why I need an unforeseen drop of MHJ to pick 7, although Nabers or Odunze is potentially a great consolation prize.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ceiling / Middle / Floor

NFL comparisons for the top receivers:

Marvin Harrison Jr

Malik Nabers

Rome Oduzne 

MHJ: Larry Fitzgerald/Michael Pittman Jr/DeVante Parker

Malik Nabers: CeeDee Lamb/Odell Beckham Jr/Michael Gallup

Rome Odunze: Adam Thielan/Josh Reynolds/Laquon Tredwell

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I don't see the Odunze and Thielen comp either. 

Especially with Hopkins existing in the league. I think those comps are tiering them more based on projected impact in the league than exact playstyle. The rest of them track better but the Thielen/CeeDee comps weren't the ones I'd have used.

Marvin Harrison Jr:
HIGH: Larry Fitzgerald
MID: Michael Thomas
LOW: Michael Floyd

Malik Nabers:
HIGH: Stefon Diggs
MID: DJ Moore
LOW: Corey Coleman

Rome Odunze:
HIGH: Dez Bryant
MID: Allen Robinson
LOW: Jaelen Strong

Edited by BetterCallSaul
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Marvin Harrison Jr:
HIGH: Larry Fitzgerald
MID: Michael Thomas
LOW: Michael Floyd

Malik Nabers:
HIGH: Stefon Diggs
MID: DJ Moore
LOW: Corey Coleman

Rome Odunze:
HIGH: Dez Bryant
MID: Allen Robinson
LOW: Jaelen Strong

This one is good. I think Rome profiles to being a smarter/more well-rounded/polished WR than Dez was but I get the skillset comparison and overall impact.

On 2/26/2024 at 10:24 AM, Ragnarok said:

I have MHJ as a better prospect, but I like Nabors better if that makes sense.

Complete sense. I like Nabors more. Shiftier, harder to cover. Has a gear a lot of DBs don't have in and out of breaks. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I don’t see a lot of the hype for Odunze

What's not to see?  He's got to potential to be a big "QB-proof" possession target in that DeAndre Hopkins/Alshon Jeffery sort of mold.  The "get it in the vicinity and they'll bail you out" types.  It's what he does for Penix constantly.  Strong hands, great ability to adjust on the ball and play through contested catches, physical and powerful to fight through press, big catch radius to go way outside his frame and understands how to use his body positioning to box guys out to come down with balls that get put where only he can get them.  Just a really natural receiver who has a great sense of timing, space, and leverage.  You see him consistently slip right into a hole in coverage at just the right time.  A QBs best friend type who can just constantly move the chains when it matters most.  Even when it's a tight window, the QB can feel confident that more often than not, he's going to come down with it...or nobody is.

I get where some people aren't going to see him as being as "dynamic" or "explosive" as some people prefer, and that's not really going to be his role.  I even get where people might have concerns about not getting consistent absolutely huge "college open" sort of separation and how that'll translate.  But it's not like he's a slug and he may not even run a blazing 40, but he's got clear "football speed" in pads, and moves really fluidly and with a lot of nuance and subtlety that shows great body control.

That sort of profile is absolutely huge in value to a team and he's got all the tools and traits to project solidly as that.  Especially if you're a team that has a QB who really trusts his arm to fully take advantage of that and just force feed it in there.

• Like 1