2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

39 minutes ago, TVScout said:

This is a 13 minute video that provides minimal evidence of good RAC ability outside of maybe a couple of plays at the 7-7.5 minute mark. That bubble at the 11 minute mark hints at some nice potential after the catch burst. He just doesn't get away from defenders or create missed tackles enough for me to believe he's going to be good at it at the next level. he could be, just don't think he's shown it much in college to consider it likely. Strikes me as a guy who mostly gets what you would expect him to get after the catch

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 3:20 PM, Tugboat said:

I'm not super worried about his smaller frame.  As mentioned above, we've seen a decent number of these guys find plenty of success in today's game.

The bolded is the thing that i think could make him an extremely frustrating player for someone though.  It's where i'm a lot lower on him, despite the dynamic speed/quickness.  I just think that unreliable hands are going to be a problem that gets brought out more at the next level, not less.  Where, the type of receiver he is...you're going to have a lot of plays that are going to be designed to go to him.  A lot of crosses and other schemed up releases that will compensate for his lack of real size/strength, but also put a lot of responsibility on his shoulders to execute.  It's an absolute killer when the guy drops those sort of gimmes, and i can see that being something that potentially plagues him at the next level a little bit.

Same things were being said about Dell at this time last yr.

I would love to get Worthy at 2-59 for the Texans.

Collins/Dell/Worthy would bring out the best in Stroud. What I really want is Thomas at 1-23.

On 2/24/2024 at 6:02 PM, nicfre2011 said:

I want to circle back to Xavier Worthy. Years ago Desean Jackson seemed like an outlier as far as slender build WRs being able to make an impact in the NFL, but I am wondering if more recent players like (just off the top of my head and not all inclusive) Marquise Brown, DeVonte Smith and especially after last years draft with Jordan Addison, Zay Flowers, Josh Downs, Tank Dell, Marvin Mims, and Tyler Scott - is Worthy's slight build less of a concern than it may have been in the past?

I think you have to take the rough with the smooth when it comes to Worthy. He has game-breaking speed, transitions to become a runner after the catch smoothly - he can run routes and tracks the ball well. He also really does have play strength issues, and has struggled against physical press corners. He also body catches a lot and doesn't fare well in contested situations. If you know how to use him as a playmaker, he can be great - but lining him up and expecting him to go from snap to snap is a different situation. 

• Like 3

When all is said and done, I’m not convinced MHJ ends up developing into one of the top 5 receivers of this class. That’s not to say he isn’t a top prospect overall or one of the elite wide out prospects of this class, nor is that saying he wouldn’t still have a relatively long NFL career as a starter and contributor. I just think that the hype is insane and I don’t agree that he is a guaranteed home run pick in the draft up in the top 10. I think he will likely develop into a really good NFL starter but I think people underestimate his floor. That’s not to suggest he sucks or won’t immediately be getting a ton of unjustified snaps as a rookie. I just think that we could see a steeper learning curve for MHJ than many project, expect, or assume with him.

Edited by DoleINGout

13 hours ago, Forge said:

This is a 13 minute video that provides minimal evidence of good RAC ability outside of maybe a couple of plays at the 7-7.5 minute mark. That bubble at the 11 minute mark hints at some nice potential after the catch burst. He just doesn't get away from defenders or create missed tackles enough for me to believe he's going to be good at it at the next level. he could be, just don't think he's shown it much in college to consider it likely. Strikes me as a guy who mostly gets what you would expect him to get after the catch

Rice is a better prospect than half of the players on this list:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/wide-receivers/

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Marv isn't going to do a pro day nor participate in the combine. He should be punished accordingly. His stock should plummet so he has to be available at 13.

Huge red flag imo. Enough where he shouldn’t be picked in the first 6 picks.

• Like 1