1. Chase
  2. Nabers
  3. OBJ
  4. Thomas Jr
  5. Justin Jefferson
  6. Terrace Marshall
  7. Jarvis Landry
  8. Kayshon Boutte

Chase and Nabers are very close. OBJ clear 3rd. Brian Thomas Jr is a better prospect than Justin Jefferson was. There's a pretty big gap between 5 and 6. Jarvis Landry could easily be placed last and I wouldn't argue; he had all-time bad testing. I think his RAS was less than 1.

I think my ranking is in the order in which they were drafted overall as well. Chase was 5th overall, Nabers will probably go in the 6-9 range, OBJ went 12th, I think Brian Thomas Jr goes somewhere in the 11-17 range, Justin Jefferson went early 20s, Terrace Marshall and Landry went in the 2nd, and Boutte was a day 3 pick.

I like that list. I'd probably flip JJ and Thomas, but other than that wouldn't change a thing. Spot on IMO. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

How would you rank these guys?

Leggette, Wilson, Polk, Franklin, Corley, Coleman, Worthy, Burton, Pearsall, McConkey

For the Chiefs...

1. Coleman (he is really growing on me when I think about his size, alpha mentality, and natural playmaking ability in our offense.)

2. Worthy (Brown on a 1 year deal should not prevent us from adding a similar diminutive playmaker.)

3. Franklin

4. McConkey

5. Wilson

6. Leggette

7. Polk

8. Pearsall

9. Corley (I don't have confidence that Conner Embree could provide the level of coaching needed to properly develop Corley...who is about as raw as you can get in the basic fundamentals of route running, etc.)

*Burton off of my board for the Chiefs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Leggette, Wilson, Polk, Franklin, Corley, Coleman, Worthy, Burton, Pearsall, McConkey

Franklin, Coleman, Legette, McConkey, Burton, Worthy, Polk, Corley, Wilson.

Never got around to scouting Pearsall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

good question.  I'll rank them in which I grade them in the draft:

Late first/early 2nd

Worthy

Coleman

McConkey

Leggette

Mid 2nd/late 2nd 

Pearsall

Corley

Franklin

Wilson

Round 3

Polk

Burton

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

good question.  I'll rank them in which I grade them in the draft:

Late first/early 2nd

Worthy

Coleman

McConkey

Leggette

Mid 2nd/late 2nd 

Pearsall

Corley

Franklin

Wilson

Round 3

Polk

Burton

Any guys I’m missing in your tiers list?

On 4/13/2024 at 9:54 AM, Scoundrel said:

Someone probably did this but rank these LSU WRs as prospects coming out no using hindsight. If I am missing someone throw them in there.

OBJ
Landry
Chase
Jefferson
Marshall
Boutte
Nabers
Thomas Jr 

For me, as prospects, it'd be:

Chase.

Jefferson.

OBJ.

Landry.

Nabers.

Thomas Jr.

Marshall.

Boutte.

But i have a tendency to prefer receivers who just get the ball and move the chains, over "home run" threats.  I had OBJ and Landry very close, despite the latter testing pretty poorly athletically.  I also don't think i have as much separation between Nabers and Thomas Jr as most.  Nabers is better, but Brian Thomas Jr has just as much "upside" if not more.  He's just...far more raw with a lot more unrealized headroom.

On 4/13/2024 at 6:17 PM, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure he gets that far.

Yeah.  I think at the end of the day, Brian Thomas Jr is going to be one of those guys that teams start to get an itchy trigger finger on.  The upside is too big there.  A guy that big and fast, with natural movement skills and body control and good hands?  I think more than a few teams are going to take the approach of, "we can teach him to run new routes - and we were gonna have to do that with most of these guys anyway".

He's gonna go somewhere in the teens.

3 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Is this "per attempt" or "per target"?  Based on the x-axis scale, i'm guessing the former?  Which is basically just a measurement of how much of a "focal point" they were in their respective offense?

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

They keep saying Thomas is MVS. I’m not really seeing it. Even then MVS would actually be a good player if he knew how to catch the football. I’ve never seen a WR fight a catchable ball more in my entire life. 

That's such a weird comp.

Thomas has great hands and knack for catching that deep ball.  It's one of the best things about him tbh.  MVS was totally useless and unreliable at it.  This feels more like scouting the "athlete profile" rather than the actual football player.

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

For me:

Keon Coleman.

---------------

Xavier Legette.

Troy Franklin.

---------------

Ladd McConkey.

Ainias Smith.

Tez Walker.

---------------

Jermaine Burton.

Xavier Worthy.

Roman Wilson.

Ricky Pearsall.

---------------

Ja'Lynn Polk.

Malachi Corley.

Javon Baker.

Filled in some blanks with guys that slot in amidst that group for me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, adamq said:

To me this little thread is spot on when it comes to the Corley/Deebo comparisons

Yeah.  This pretty much sums things up for me too, on the Corley = Deebo thing.  I just don't see it.  I think there are some similarities in how you'll want to use them as a Pro...but Deebo is, and was such a natural receiver.  Corley...it's more work for him and he doesn't seem to have those same instincts for leverage and space.

Which is fine.  But i think it's more limiting in what you can actually ask Corley to do.  With Deebo...they ask him to do absolutely everything under the sun at times, and he's good at all of it.

For me, i said it in the "pound for pound" thread i think, but Ainias Smith is the closest thing to Deebo i see in this draft.  Just...a lot smaller.  But i adore him as a prospect (as probably noted above).  He's just such a natural receiver.  Terrific hands, stupid change of direction ability and can just absolutely explode out of cuts and actually accelerate somehow, great instinctive understanding of space and angles, and he's got that same "RB in space" mentality that makes Deebo so dangerous.  He's just...not nearly as big, which isn't ideal.  But whatever.  I take that stuff over Corley being built like a RB.

Both guys are going to be really sensitive to "landing spot" though.  They're both going to need an OC who really understands how to use unique "weapons"...like Shanny.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Is this "per attempt" or "per target"?  Based on the x-axis scale, i'm guessing the former?  Which is basically just a measurement of how much of a "focal point" they were in their respective offense?

It says per attempt, so I guess it’s that 😜

18 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Underdog NFL draft podcast just posted an interesting episode on Johnny Wilson. They seem to be higher on him than most other draft pundits.

They offered up some negative and positive comps for players his size at the position. One of the high level comps was Vincent Jackson. Obviously Wilson needs to work on some things to become a more consistent offensive weapon. I didn't realize just how big Jackson was as a prospect (6'-5" 241 lbs.). Both tested very comparable.

The difference is...VJax was actually a big, hugely physical jump-ball receiver.

Wilson is...a tall guy who is very soft and extremely easy to disrupt.  They're not the same at all.

20 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

It says per attempt, so I guess it’s that 😜

Fair enough.  But i'm busy on a crusade against extremely poorly labeled charts like this.  It doesn't even identify what the x-axis is.  It could be miles per target for all i ****in' know.  😆

It's also just...kind of a weird metric that is very scheme and situation dependent.  Was my bigger problem with it potentially.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1