2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

11 hours ago, adamq said:

Brian Thomas will be a Bill and will be a very good if not elite WR

He very much feels like a guy they'd covet and would fit so good with Big Joshy and his big arm.  That kind of HWS profile running wild downfield, with the arm to get it to him all the time even out of absolutely nowhere...that'd threaten defenses.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, adamq said:

Brian Thomas will be a Bill and will be a very good if not elite WR

Chiefs trade up with Arizona or Tampa Bay to leapfrog Buffalo and selects Thomas Jr. In reality we might have to get to #22 and even at that pick he could very well be gone. I am thinking it could come down to Adonai Mitchell as the prospect that could be the realistic target for the Chiefs if the move up above the Bills.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Chiefs trade up with Arizona or Tampa Bay to leapfrog Buffalo and selects Thomas Jr. In reality we might have to get to #22 and even at that pick he could very well be gone. I am thinking it could come down to Adonai Mitchell as the prospect that could be the realistic target for the Chiefs if the move up above the Bills.

Worrying feeling that Thomas and Mitchell are going to tantalise and frustrate in their careers

7 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Worrying feeling that Thomas and Mitchell are going to tantalise and frustrate in their careers

Agreed. Particularly Thomas. PFF is lower on him than most and their argument swayed me personally. General consensus with Thomas is much higher (WR 4 and closer to the top 3 than the tier below) and he's got the athletic profile/deep threat skills that fans love to project as the next elite guy (especially if he goes to a team with a real QB).

If you were an offensive coordinator looking to get the most out of Keon Coleman early in his career as he works on his foot work and route running....what kind of routes and plays would you get him involved in? Is the way the Chiefs used Rashee Rice last year a good strategy for Coleman?

22 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

If you were an offensive coordinator looking to get the most out of Keon Coleman early in his career as he works on his foot work and route running....what kind of routes and plays would you get him involved in? Is the way the Chiefs used Rashee Rice last year a good strategy for Coleman?

I don't really see Coleman as a particularly difficult WR to integrate early.  I think you can do a lot of different things with him.  Lots of ways to just get the ball out to him.

Never really know exactly how rookie WRs will take to a new, much more complex playbook...but assuming he handles that part alright, i don't really see him as being that limited by footwork and route running.  That's more the case with guys like Brian Thomas Jr.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure he gets that far.

Some of us think he might be a target for the Rams. McVay has occasionally added a vertical threat and they've rarely worked or stuck around long. 

Underdog NFL draft podcast just posted an interesting episode on Johnny Wilson. They seem to be higher on him than most other draft pundits.

They offered up some negative and positive comps for players his size at the position. One of the high level comps was Vincent Jackson. Obviously Wilson needs to work on some things to become a more consistent offensive weapon. I didn't realize just how big Jackson was as a prospect (6'-5" 241 lbs.). Both tested very comparable.

On 4/12/2024 at 7:51 PM, nicfre2011 said:

Rashee Rice is the perfect prototype for how to attempt to use Keon Coleman.

In year 1, you play him as a big slot and let him return punts. That's the key to success for him.

On 4/13/2024 at 11:54 AM, Scoundrel said:

Someone probably did this but rank these LSU WRs as prospects coming out no using hindsight. If I am missing someone throw them in there.

1. Chase
  2. Nabers
  3. OBJ
  4. Thomas Jr
  5. Justin Jefferson
  6. Terrace Marshall
  7. Jarvis Landry
  8. Kayshon Boutte

Chase and Nabers are very close. OBJ clear 3rd. Brian Thomas Jr is a better prospect than Justin Jefferson was. There's a pretty big gap between 5 and 6. Jarvis Landry could easily be placed last and I wouldn't argue; he had all-time bad testing. I think his RAS was less than 1.

I think my ranking is in the order in which they were drafted overall as well. Chase was 5th overall, Nabers will probably go in the 6-9 range, OBJ went 12th, I think Brian Thomas Jr goes somewhere in the 11-17 range, Justin Jefferson went early 20s, Terrace Marshall and Landry went in the 2nd, and Boutte was a day 3 pick.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 12:43 PM, Teen Girl Squad said:

Agreed. Particularly Thomas. PFF is lower on him than most and their argument swayed me personally. General consensus with Thomas is much higher (WR 4 and closer to the top 3 than the tier below) and he's got the athletic profile/deep threat skills that fans love to project as the next elite guy (especially if he goes to a team with a real QB).

They keep saying Thomas is MVS. I’m not really seeing it. Even then MVS would actually be a good player if he knew how to catch the football. I’ve never seen a WR fight a catchable ball more in my entire life. 

• Like 1