2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

How would you rank these guys?

Leggette, Wilson, Polk, Franklin, Corley, Coleman, Worthy, Burton, Pearsall, McConkey

Franklin 

McConkey 

-----

Leggette 

Pearsall 

Worthy 

Burton

Polk

-----

Wilson 

Coleman 

Corley

The last three I wouldn't want for the Chiefs anyway as they wouldn't be good fits

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 10:20 AM, Chiefer said:

They keep saying Thomas is MVS. I’m not really seeing it. Even then MVS would actually be a good player if he knew how to catch the football. I’ve never seen a WR fight a catchable ball more in my entire life. 

Thomas' catch rate is pretty meh and according to thier metrics and he had one of the highest 'catchable pass' rates of any receiver in the country. Thats why they made the MVS comp in the first place. Mind you, I still think Thomas is a good prospect, just in the mid first round, blue chip area of the draft. Once we get to the "second round prospects" tier after picks 20-25, then I'm fine wiht him.

On 4/15/2024 at 8:51 PM, Chiefer said:

Leggette, Wilson, Polk, Franklin, Corley, Coleman, Worthy, Burton, Pearsall, McConkey

1. Keon Coleman- could be a superstar big slot. Severely underrated athleticism. He's personally my WR5
  2. Ladd McConkey- instant solid X receiver with potential to be more
  3. Xavier Legette- high ceiling low floor; could be above average X receiver
  4. Malachi Corley- not an X receiver, but elite with the ball in his hands. Could be similar to what you'd like Kadarius Toney to actually be and not just a gadget guy
  5. Roman Wilson- silky smooth in every aspect. He's a solid #2 in the NFL with a high floor
  6. Ricky Pearsall- another solid #2 with burner potential
  7. Jermaine Burton- would be higher if he wasn't a headcase. Great speed, elite hands, solid in literally every aspect. You've gotta be able to manage the personality though
  8. Troy Franklin- he's so skinny. To me, he's Darius Slayton at his ceiling, which is good, but not great
  9. Xavier Worthy- I don't know if he's got anything other than speed. He's like 165 pounds.

I still have not actually watched Ja'Lynn Polk more than what I saw on broadcast. From that, he'd be around 5-6 for me, but didn't feel fair to rank him.

On 4/15/2024 at 8:51 PM, Chiefer said:

1. MHJ
2. Malik Nabers
3. Rome Odunze

4. BT jr
5. Adonai Mitchell

6. Ladd McConkey
7. Keon Coleman
8. Rickie Pearsall
9. Xavier Legette
10. Roman Wilson

11. Johnny Wilson
12. JaLynn Polk
13. Xavier Worthy
14. Javon Baker
15. Devontez Walker
16. Troy Franklin
17. Malachi Corley

18. Malik Washington
19. Jamari Thrash

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:
  1. Keon Coleman- could be a superstar big slot. Severely underrated athleticism. He's personally my WR5
  2. Ladd McConkey- instant solid X receiver with potential to be more
  3. Xavier Legette- high ceiling low floor; could be above average X receiver
  4. Malachi Corley- not an X receiver, but elite with the ball in his hands. Could be similar to what you'd like Kadarius Toney to actually be and not just a gadget guy
  5. Roman Wilson- silky smooth in every aspect. He's a solid #2 in the NFL with a high floor
  6. Ricky Pearsall- another solid #2 with burner potential
  7. Jermaine Burton- would be higher if he wasn't a headcase. Great speed, elite hands, solid in literally every aspect. You've gotta be able to manage the personality though
  8. Troy Franklin- he's so skinny. To me, he's Darius Slayton at his ceiling, which is good, but not great
  9. Xavier Worthy- I don't know if he's got anything other than speed. He's like 165 pounds.

I still have not actually watched Ja'Lynn Polk more than what I saw on broadcast. From that, he'd be around 5-6 for me, but didn't feel fair to rank him.

Your evals are definitely different than mine lol

Coleman, Alshon Jeffery/Allen Robinson type
McConkey, a bigger Wes Welker/Julian Edelman with a good release
Legette, highest ceiling after the top 5, could really play anything, I think what he becomes will in large part depend on the system he's in and who's throwing him the ball, low end comp being Jonathan Mingo
Malachi Corley - gadget player, definitely useful, but I would take him until at least the 80s
Roman Wilson - Well rounded slot type of guy, can become a 1 of 3 guy who will consistently put up #2 numbers
Pearsall, athletic bigger slot guy, don't see him as a number 1, but he could top 1000 yards when he's not the main guy
Burton, Not touching with a 39.5' pole
Troy Franklin - Todd Pinkston, 20 years later
Xavier Worthy - Just the next undersized overhyped guy who 40 go brrr

Worthy is an excellent route runner.  A team may have to scheme him a free release( al'la Tyreek Hill)  but he can be a game changer.   If a team expects him to just beat press coverage then he will fail.  It would also be criminal to having him running just flies, posts and flags.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Danger said:

Your evals are definitely different than mine lol

Coleman, Alshon Jeffery/Allen Robinson type
McConkey, a bigger Wes Welker/Julian Edelman with a good release

Disagree hard on these two. Coleman is 100% a slot and McConkey is 100% an outside receiver. Coleman has a lot of trouble creating separation and getting open; there have been a lot of players like him come out of the draft, and if any of them found success, it was in the slot. Guys like Cooper Kupp, Rashee Rice fit this build. McConkey will definitely get some slot reps and get moved around, but he should be taking at least 60% of his snaps outside. He's an X or Y receiver all day. His win percentage on big boy routes like outs and his vertical route sell are incredible. He's not a shifty, lunchpail, gritty, quick slot like an initial impression of him would suggest.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Disagree hard on these two. Coleman is 100% a slot and McConkey is 100% an outside receiver. Coleman has a lot of trouble creating separation and getting open; there have been a lot of players like him come out of the draft, and if any of them found success, it was in the slot. Guys like Cooper Kupp, Rashee Rice fit this build. McConkey will definitely get some slot reps and get moved around, but he should be taking at least 60% of his snaps outside. He's an X or Y receiver all day. His win percentage on big boy routes like outs and his vertical route sell are incredible. He's not a shifty, lunchpail, gritty, quick slot like an initial impression of him would suggest.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Ladd-McConkey-WR-Georgia

Ladd McConkey's skill set projects well at the next level. His route precision, ball tracking, and quickness off the line are standout traits. Despite his size, he plays with an edge, showing promise as a slot receiver and potential on special teams.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Keon-Coleman-WR-MichiganState

Keon Coleman has positioned himself prominently as one of the top WRs in the 2024 NFL Draft. Standing at 6’4″ and weighing 215 pounds, he boasts a formidable physical presence on the field. His catch mechanics, characterized by an ability to naturally box out defenders and that "alpha" catch-point instinct, set him apart.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Watch those please. I don't really trust evals from sites like that where people aren't putting their names on the evaluations.

"Despite his size". Ladd is literally the exact same height and weight, and has the same 40 time, broad, and vert, as Garrett Wilson. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

"Despite his size". Ladd is literally the exact same height and weight, and has the same 40 time, broad, and vert, as Garrett Wilson. 

And?, lets not play the association game, he was a nice little player for UGA but some of you are really breaking your necks to make this guys out to be better than he is. Some of you are trying to make him an outside guy when people don't factor in it may be an chance where they may be matched up against a team's #1 corner and I don't think he can survive in this league having to make a living beating guys bigger, faster, stronger veterans who know the route you are about to run by your alignment. You guys are making it seem like its a put down to have him operate out of the slot (which is where his skillset fits best).

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

8n4ujx.jpg

I have been putting together some comps recently. Here are mine an no particular ranking:

Marvin Harrison Jr. -> AJ Green

Malik Nabers -> Terry McLaurin, Brandon Aiyuk, Pierre Garcon

Rome Odunze -> Michael Pittman, Courtland Sutton

Keon Coleman -> Michael Thomas, Allen Robinson

Brian Thomas -> Martavis Bryant

Adonai Mitchell -> DeVante Parker

Xavier Worthy -> Marquise Brown, Calvin Ridley

Troy Franklin -> Marvin Jones, Robbie Anderson, DJ Chark

JaLynn Polk -> Jakobi Meyers

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Well that's a heck of a shot out of the blue.  I hadn't heard a thing about this until now.

Methinks somebody wants him to fall a bit in the draft.  😆