Week #13 General 🏈 Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Cleveland wins today and eventually makes the playoffs, should Kevin Stefanski win coach of the year?

Β 

Flacco would be the 4th different QB he’s won with.

Has to make the playoffs most likely, but he'll get consideration, I'm sure.Β 

At this point I'm still thinking it's going to go to Ryans as Houston feels like the darling this year

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If Cleveland wins today and eventually makes the playoffs, should Kevin Stefanski win coach of the year?

Β 

Flacco would be the 4th different QB he’s won with.

No disrespect lol, but I would riot if Stefanski was a 2x COTY.

Not that it's a super prestigious award currently, but I feel like that's gotta tell us there is something wrong with the algorithm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Not that it's a super prestigious award currently, but I feel like that's gotta tell us there is something wrong with the algorithm.

I mean…

Β 

He took the Browns to the playoffs and won a playoff game in Pittsburgh when he won it first

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

Not expecting a good passing game at all from either QB in the Jets-Falcons game. Jets have a good pass defense and matches up well with the Falcons passing options. It's raining. And Tim Boyle is playing for the Jets. Sooo... hopefully, the Falcons get some big runs broken off.

17 minutes ago, Soggust said:

KOC over Stef for me..... Ryans and Payton. McD tooΒ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I mean…

Β 

He took the Browns to the playoffs and won a playoff game in Pittsburgh when he won it first

Yeah, I mean given the criteria it made sense then and I even think your argument makes sense this year (again, given the criteria).

I'm only salty because I think your take is legitimately interesting.

I'm just saying from a "forest from the trees" perspective, it does seem ridiculous to have a 2x COTY winner who has never finished above 3rd in his division.

But I also recently had a discussion where we were talking about hypothetically firing a 6-6 HC coming off 4 10+ win seasons and multiple playoff wins so I don't know what's going on anymore tbh lol.Β 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, adamq said:

KOC over Stef for me..... Ryans and Payton. McD tooΒ 

I think Campbell is the odds favorite right now, and I think Ryans is so likeable people want to vote for him. It's a weird year where you can make a lot of different arguments.

I like KOC but he's hurt by recency and he needs some better QB play, unfortunately.

I know I'm just a Neanderthal with W-Ls and stuff, but imo feels like this might be a good year for Sirianni, even though I don't like him lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I'm just saying from a "forest from the trees" perspective, it does seem ridiculous to have a 2x COTY winner who has never finished above 3rd in his division.

We already have a 2x COTY winner who has 3 winning seasons in 13 years (Rivera), but I see what you mean. I forget the Browns didn't actually win the division that year.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Nah this win streak can't continue and Stroud is probably pissed.

I'm thinking the OL isn't going to hold up today, the injuries are finally starting to catch up. Defense is going to make Wilson look really good today too.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'm thinking the OL isn't going to hold up today, the injuries are finally starting to catch up. Defense is going to make Wilson look really good today too.

Hoping for a Houston win...but the OL is a bit concerning.Β 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

We already have a 2x COTY winner who has 3 winning seasons in 13 years (Rivera), but I see what you mean. I forget the Browns didn't actually win the division that year.

This is an awesome take that I wish I could like twice because looking through Rivera's resume in hindsight completely trashes and challenges my positions of 'give it to Sirianni on W/L' and 'gotta give the great resumes a mediocre year or two' take.Β 

Like, I want to trash the Rivera COTYs because he obviously doesn't feel like an elite coach, but according to my criteria I should probably be more of a fan of him and I don't like that.Β 

Not sure how I want to respond but well done. Gonna have to rethink my life a bit.