What’s the greatest free agent signing in your teams history?

CP3MVP

For me I’m going Mike Vrabel. The pats got him for peanuts and he played a key role in 3 Super Bowl championship teams. Was also an all pro in 2007. Gilmore and Revis were better players at their peak but I’m Vrabel played longer in NE.

The last super bowl team for the niners was lit up with possibly some of their greatest free agent signings ever. Deion is obviously the one that everyone remembers, and his impact was so huge in that (less than) 1 season. But Tim McDonald played with the niners for 7 years, was a two time all pro with them (second team) and was a big contributor on that super bowl winning team as well, even if it wasn't as splashy as Deion. Ken Norton was a first team all pro that year, and finished top 5 in DPOY. Played 7 years with the niners as well. 

Justin Smith didn't get the super bowl, but he's certainly up there. 7 years with the niners. 3 time all pro (one year made both teams lol), 5 time pro bowler. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Justin Smith didn't get the super bowl, but he's certainly up there. 7 years with the niners. 3 time all pro (one year made both teams lol), 5 time pro bowler. 

If they had been able to finish the job, you could put Carlos Rogers and Dante Whitner up there with Smith. Not quite on his level but they were definitely key parts of that defense.

Free agents don’t come to Detroit unless they are well past their primes or grossly overpaid. 

I think the best free agents we signed over the last 20 years would be either Golden Tate, Marvin Jones Jr (first signing), or Glover Quin. CJ Gardner-Johnson had a chance to be on this list had he not gotten hurt. 

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Free agents don’t come to Detroit unless they are well past their primes or grossly overpaid. 

I think the best free agents we signed over the last 20 years would be either Golden Tate, Marvin Jones Jr (first signing), or Glover Quin. CJ Gardner-Johnson had a chance to be on this list had he not gotten hurt. 

Dre Bly??? Only there for 4 seasons though. 

• Like 2