Eagles fear QB Carson Wentz suffered torn ACL

deltarich87

24 minutes ago, G08 said:

Confirmed. Freaking sucks, sorry dudes.

Yeah, this is horrible. Wentz was on his way to do some big things. 

Given how he performed this past season, I could see a return to form land him the CBPOY.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Given how he performed this past season, I could see a return to form land him the CBPOY.

Can you finish in the top 3 in MVP voting the year before winning CBPOY?   I think he had the MVP locked up before this.  

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Can you finish in the top 3 in MVP voting the year before winning CBPOY?   I think he had the MVP locked up before this.  

If the Eagles lose games in the last 3 weeks and/or go out early in the playoffs it only strengthens his MVP case

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

If the Eagles lose games in the last 3 weeks and/or go out early in the playoffs it only strengthens his MVP case

Agree but don’t the writers vote before the playoffs start?   Serious Q.  

Phi plays @NYG @OAK and vs. DAL so not winning all 3 alone would seal it for me.  

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Honestly their remaining schedule is so weak I could easily see them going 14-2 looking like they aren't losing a beat with Foles. They will hype him going into their divisional round game only for Foles to completely suck and the Eagles to go one and done in embarrassing fashion.

That's my prediction, anyway.

13 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Ah CBPOY, just the accolade us Eagles fans were looking for!

32 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Every year this comes up. Last year with Carr. An injured player will never win MVP unless they get injured in the last game

43 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The biggest argument against Brady last year was that he missed the first four games of the season. Wentz will miss the last 3 in addition to part of the game last night. Not to mention, I don't really feel like he had it locked up at all. I think the week before severely gutted his chances because his team no longer had the best record it was now a 3 way tie. If things stayed exactly the same the rest of the season, Wentz probably wasn't even the favorite.

Archived