Carson Wentz Injury Update Thread (Out for season)

Danger

31 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Eagles play the AFC East and NFC South. 

Got to play- Patriots, Panthers, Falcons, Saints

Get to play (cause they suck)- Bucs, Jets, Bills, Dolphins

Then the "1st Place Schedule" would be:

Vikings, Rams

to go along with the NFC East

Honestly, that schedule (as it looks now) isn't intimidating

?????!!!!!! Of the teams mentioned 6 of them are currently in the playoffs and you faced 2 of them this year and won, I will give you that. But every other team you faced this year has a losing record EXCEPT for Dallas and S.D. and they are only 1 game above .500.

I like your optimism, but to think they are going to have the soft schedule and the good fortune they had next year that they enjoyed this year is a bit naive. 

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Sure they did, but they DIDN'T have Jeffry, Smith, Ajayi, Blount , etc. And it's not just exclusive to second year players. It's EVERY year! The great QB's just figure out what the DC's are doing and retool their game. Look at Rothleisberger and Brady and heck even Brees. They make ANY WR look good because they can play to their strengths.

Now, can Wentz do this? My guess is yes. He is way above the average 2nd year player. But, it will be a process, not the cake walk he had this year.

Apparently Wentz had a cake walk this year???

News to me.

See, this is the problem with Iggles fans. You get a little success and you think all of A sudden you are champs.

You know what, that still may happen.

But because you QB looked great this year, you all beat your chests, put the barricades and hot dog vendors on Broad street, and start planning your parade before you even make or win a playoff game.

Just can't wait to say "I told you so."

That is why you always get your heart broken.

But don't listen to me. I only lived in South Philly for 45 years.

Rtnldave you're missing the point of "looking forward"? It means nothing if you're going to continue to talk about the Weak opponents of 2017 the Eagles have faced.

Not when next year 1/2 these teams might suck like the Cowboys, Giants, Raiders, Broncos, Cards of this season. All teams that were "supposed" to make the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

See, this is the problem with Iggles fans. You get a little success and you think all of A sudden you are champs.

You know what, that still may happen.

But because you QB looked great this year, you all beat your chests, put the barricades and hot dog vendors on Broad street, and start planning your parade before you even make or win a playoff game.

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet Pot!!

Sounds early similar to the 2016 Dallas Cowboy Fans to me. But hey , it's just Eagles Fans you're right. ???

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Rtnldave you're missing the point of "looking forward"? It means nothing if you're going to continue to talk about the Weak opponents of 2017 the Eagles have faced.

Not when next year 1/2 these teams might suck like the Cowboys, Giants, Raiders, Broncos, Cards of this season. All teams that were "supposed" to make the playoffs. 

I will go along with that on one condition. Longevity. Look who is leading the AFC this year. That's right, New England, Pitts. And as for teams like Dallas, they have consistently been not then cold then hot

You could argue they had a lot of distractions this year. We shall see.

But I will meet you half way. Teams that are good this year may not be there next, unless they are consistent.

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet Pot!!

Sounds early similar to the 2016 Dallas Cowboy Fans to me. But hey , it's just Eagles Fans you're right. ???

Hey man, living in Philly I had EVERYONE telling me they were going last year. My answer...I will believe it when I see it.

You see, I don't celebrate championships in October, unlike some teams we know.

Want proof? Listen to 97.5 or 94. They were talking SB before Halloween!!!!!

I apologize on the behalf of the Cowboys delegation for Dave. I think the Rtnl is missing an I in front because he can be very irrational most of the time. 

I will say, no one know what the easy or hard part of the schedule will be next year until the season gets rolling. You play who is in front of you and that's all you can control. 

14 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Hey man, living in Philly I had EVERYONE telling me they were going last year. My answer...I will believe it when I see it.

You see, I don't celebrate championships in October, unlike some teams we know.

Want proof? Listen to 97.5 or 94. They were talking SB before Halloween!!!!!

So you live in Philly, cool. So I'll assume you weren't listening to local Dallas Radio last season? Watching turds like Skip Bayless on TV doing the same for your beloved Cowboys? Like it or not the Wentz led Eagles "were" SB favorites from the NFC. So why wouldn't the fans feel the same?

Now if you're suggesting 97.5- 94 (don't live there) are still doing it post injury, I can agree with your post. Fact is when a team has the best record in Football for the majority of the season with a potential League MVP, expectations go threw the roof. By the Media, Experts and the Fans! No different then say

Dallas/Atlanta last year, Panthers 2015 ect... ect...

58 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I apologize on the behalf of the Cowboys delegation for Dave. I think the Rtnl is missing an I in front because he can be very irrational most of the time. 

I will say, no one know what the easy or hard part of the schedule will be next year until the season gets rolling. You play who is in front of you and that's all you can control. 

No need Minnie. I can take care of myself.

33 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

A cowboy fan living in south philly is allllllll I need to know. 

Yeah, just me right? Tell me one thing. What did the Cowboys organization ever do to the Iggles organization to warrant such a biblical hatetred?

I mean, it's not Dallas vs Wash. Or Dallas vs SF Or Pitts.

Where is this intolerable hatred born out of?

Especially in a time where every ethnicity, gender, sexual conatation is being recognized and on equal playing field.

Please do tell me, where does this seething hatred come from? In a time where we are recognizing and trying to eradicate hatred, it seems only in sports, where "may the better team win" is the mantra, is this hatred, not only allowed to exisit, but is encouraged.

Where did this franchise wrong you?

Archived