Are the Chiefs the bad guys? v4.0

notthatbluestuff

15 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

See the issue with this narrative is that there was an really really terrible missed call that went against the Chiefs in the Packers game and you didn't hear Pat complaining about it afterwards.

That’s because he knew that “terrible missed call” was likely a makeup for the terrible Unnecessary Roughness penalty that shouldn’t have been awarded to KC two plays earlier. & because KC also caught a break 2 plays later when refs neglected to rule forward-progress for MVS, gifting KC a clock stoppage. 

8 hours ago, typecast said:

Did Brady even catch a fine for any of the instances he scolded refs? He's even done it while following them into the tunnel after a game. The backup QB for the pats was yelling at the ref right behind Brady and I'm almost sure the league did nothing.

Scolding referees hardly ever had disciplinary consequences in the NFL, AFAIK. Blasting them in the press conference is what’s going to get Mahomes in trouble, same as other sports leagues. 

As far as yelling at them on the field, I guess it’s a part of the “culture”, especially in baseball, but it seems NFL players and referees have most respect for each other than other sports. NBA and MLB officials toss players for staring sometimes.

37 minutes ago, Soko said:

As far as yelling at them on the field, I guess it’s a part of the “culture”, especially in baseball, but it seems NFL players and referees have most respect for each other than other sports. NBA and MLB officials toss players for staring sometimes.

It gets heated out there.

I'd want my coach to argue my team's point and defend his guys. For some reason, I don't like it so much when the players do it.

5 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It gets heated out there.

I'd want my coach to argue my team's point and defend his guys. For some reason, I don't like it so much when the players do it.

The line between “fighting for your guys” and “whining for a flag” is often pretty subjective. I think, generally, most people will see it the way you do it because they view it as the coach’s job to deal with officiating more so than the players’. That’s probably where I’d lean too. 

As crappy as NFL officiating can be, I am glad that these guys keep their egos in check more than MLB umpires or NBA referees do. I suppose that’s also a function of the rules and what the refs are allowed to enforce as far as “conduct” goes, and again, there’s definitely a culture aspect to it, but yeah, guess beggars can’t be choosers here. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

“I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother”

Her life truly started after I married her and made her domesticated… certainly he can’t be serious? But then again he is a Chief so… 

47 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

“I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother”

Her life truly started after I married her and made her domesticated… certainly he can’t be serious? But then again he is a Chief so… 

When she started enjoying the salary that he’s making her…

I thought Harrison was supposed to be some giga Chad 

On 12/13/2023 at 2:49 AM, typecast said:

Did Brady even catch a fine for any of the instances he scolded refs? He's even done it while following them into the tunnel after a game. The backup QB for the pats was yelling at the ref right behind Brady and I'm almost sure the league did nothing.

If the NFL fined everyone who yelled at the refs, I'm pretty sure everyone in the NFL would be bankrupt.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 1:11 PM, BroncoSojia said:

See the issue with this narrative is that there was an really really terrible missed call that went against the Chiefs in the Packers game and you didn't hear Pat complaining about it afterwards.

This is how things always are with the best teams. People hyper focus on the calls they get and then brush aside the ones that go the wrong way. Usually it's because they win so people only care about the calls that contributed to that. 

Same **** happened to the Patriots all the time. Every game there was some longwinded controversy over one call or another.

• Like 2