Who are some of the most underrated WRs in the NFL?

Blackstar12

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Puka Nacua.

Seems like every time I watch him he plays like a top 5 NFL WR.

First year receivers are supposed to struggle to adapt, especially late round picks. He already looks elite and pretty much did from day 1.

Thank you for saving me from my bias. I don't think he is a top 5 WR, however I definitely think he should be talked about as  the second best rookie to Stroud - or possibly the best. I feel like if he played for a more popular team he would be getting that recognition. What he's doing is nearly historic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Hunter Renfrow is still good.

Eh man I don't know with Hunter anymore. He sure doesn't get the PT but when he doesn't he just doesn't look like he once did. Not to mention costly drops and/or fumbles make the staff not trust him much these days.

If any Raider WR is underrated, it's Jakobi Meyers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Would Amari Cooper be considered underrated? I feel like he’s an afterthought when WRs are discussed and he’s just been a steady target for close to a decade now.

He's been great since we've traded for him. And that's with him playing with five different QBs in less than two seasons.

He's not an elite #1, but still definitely a legit #1 when people seemed to think he was on the decline when we acquired him.

I feel like Brandin Cooks is so underrated. I still dont know why he got traded from the Saints? Im guessing bc he didnt want to be there. The writing was on the wall when the Saints thrashed the Rams in New Orleans and Cooks didnt even have a single catch the entire game. Then he gets traded to the Pats. They didnt want to pay him and he gets traded to the Rams. I get why the Rams traded him. He was suffering too many concussions and the Rams didnt want that risk. So they traded him to the Texans. He still was producing for a bad Texans team. They traded him to the Cowboys. He is thriving with the Cowboys now after a slow start. 

So a guy producing 1,000yd seasons and helping multiple teams get to the Superbowl gets traded around is mindblowing but he is the definition of underrated. 

• Like 4

Keenan Allen is a guy most fans would say isn’t even a “true #1” guy. People forget he’s even still in the league and yet there he is converting 3rd downs and being Herbert’s safety blanket. He’s like another Keenan (McCardell) that put up some great numbers on a monkey poo team for the majority of his career. Just overlooked. 

• Like 1

Oh look a Terry McLaurin thread. He seems to be absolutely wasting away in WAS with subpar QB play and a OC who only knows how to design plays to TEs and WR4s. Hes making 39M dollars this year and hes a complete afterthought in the Wahsington offense.

I really wish they would trade him so he can go play with a actual offense and light it up. Hes going to be 29 next year (somehow) and I feel like his entire career, not just a few years on a contract, is rotting away on the Commanders. At what point does he request a trade.

Edited by AkronsWitness

12 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I feel like Brandin Cooks is so underrated. I still dont know why he got traded from the Saints? Im guessing bc he didnt want to be there. The writing was on the wall when the Saints thrashed the Rams in New Orleans and Cooks didnt even have a single catch the entire game. Then he gets traded to the Pats. They didnt want to pay him and he gets traded to the Rams. I get why the Rams traded him. He was suffering too many concussions and the Rams didnt want that risk. So they traded him to the Texans. He still was producing for a bad Texans team. They traded him to the Cowboys. He is thriving with the Cowboys now after a slow start. 

So a guy producing 1,000yd seasons and helping multiple teams get to the Superbowl gets traded around is mindblowing but he is the definition of underrated. 

He kind of gets lost in the fray because he isnt a star, but he is definitely better than JAG, and you dont really hear about him for any reason...good or bad.

He is just the definition of a solid, very dependable player that most people know is good, but doesnt exactly get enough credit for what he does.   There are always those types of players.

He is like current day Laverneus Coles.  

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Oh look a Terry McLaurin thread. He seems to be absolutely wasting away in WAS with subpar QB play and a OC who only knows how to design plays to TEs and WR4s. Hes making 39M dollars this year and hes a complete afterthought in the Wahsington offense.

I really wish they would trade him so he can go play with a actual offense and light it up. Hes going to be 29 next year (somehow) and I feel like his entire career, not just a few years on a contract, is rotting away on the Commanders. At what point does he request a trade.

Yeah he was an old rookie. He was knocked pre-draft for his age and meh production in college. Wasn't a flashy underclassmen. But he was way better than his numbers with Dwayne Haskins and had some great film. Deep threat, soft hands, super smart, team captain in college. His senior bowl had me rate him as a one despite I don't think having a 1,000 yard season in college.