2024 IDL Talk

nicfre2011

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I can't imagine Sweat lasting past the Bengals pick in rd 2 if he doesn't go before then.  DJ Reader has meant so much to our front, but he's playing less and less snaps as he gets older and when he's out it is a massive difference.

Bucky Brooks had him going 17 to Jacksonville 😅 Murphy was pick 16.  

Jenkins was 29(chiefs) 

Newton was not selected..

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm really liking Darius Robinson from Mizzou. Any chance he sneaks into the 1st round? I'd love to get him for the Steelers in the 2nd.

Great player.  I was saying a while back he'd be a great target for the Titans in the fourth round for the Denico Autry role.  He's way far down draft boards from what I'm seeing, but with his length and tape, he should definitely be in Day 2 conversation.  I don't know if he gets in the first though, especially since I think Newton, Wingo, Murphy, and Sweat all have significantly better tape than he does, and not all of them are going to go Round 1.

There is a shortage of guys built like him in this class though.  If a team really wants that, he might get pushed up.  Looks powerful and quick on film too, so he might be a combine star.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2024 at 10:40 AM, Daniel said:

Great player.  I was saying a while back he'd be a great target for the Titans in the fourth round for the Denico Autry role.  He's way far down draft boards from what I'm seeing, but with his length and tape, he should definitely be in Day 2 conversation.  I don't know if he gets in the first though, especially since I think Newton, Wingo, Murphy, and Sweat all have significantly better tape than he does, and not all of them are going to go Round 1.

There is a shortage of guys built like him in this class though.  If a team really wants that, he might get pushed up.  Looks powerful and quick on film too, so he might be a combine star.

Do you see him as a 4/3 DT or is playing 5tech or even further outside?

8 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Do you see him as a 4/3 DT or is playing 5tech or even further outside?

5 tech.  He seems to be a speed/power guy more than a twitchy bendy guy, so I think that’s his ideal fit. Can probably play either inside or outside in a 4/3 though depending on the down and distance.

And that post you just quoted aged like milk since DJ put him in his top 50 like a day after that.