QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I can see Rattler 3rd, Pratt 3rd, Milton 3rd being options.....

I can see Jordan Travis Day 3, Trey Lance Day 3 being options too 

If we draft Milton in the third then we are by far the dumbest team in sports. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, NickButera said:

If we pick Rattler I'll be pretty upset. Why in God's green earth do we need another developmental QB?  

Nor do we need a backup QB. Wasting a 3rd or 4th rounder for a 3rd string QB is mental. 

Agree. If you want a yolo pick day 3 ono QB fine. Wasting a premium pick on a developmental QB would be non-sense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I can see Rattler 3rd, Pratt 3rd, Milton 3rd being options.....

I can see Jordan Travis Day 3, Trey Lance Day 3 being options too 

2 hours ago, FloydFan said:

If we draft Milton in the third then we are by far the dumbest team in sports. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

If we pick Rattler I'll be pretty upset. Why in God's green earth do we need another developmental QB?  

Nor do we need a backup QB. Wasting a 3rd or 4th rounder for a 3rd string QB is mental. 

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agree. If you want a yolo pick day 3 ono QB fine. Wasting a premium pick on a developmental QB would be non-sense. 

It has to be Rakestraw Green Rosengarten or Kingsley if they're there

38 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Looks like we are going into the season with Minshew and O'Connell.

Next season Dak, Goff , Shaduer , Beck , Ewers and whoever else steps up like Daniels, Nix and Penix did

I wanted a QB, bad. And I would've been happy with any of the top 6. But once it fell as it did - I was delighted as it pushed Bowers into our lap.

For all the posters who were more open minded than me - this is exactly why you don't want to get involved in the QB madness - so a genuine blue chip player can be there to take.

More than happy to build the team around AOC/Minshew and go for it with a better team next season.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 10:05 AM, NickButera said:

We must have 2 very different definitions of this term. Because I watched most of those 49er games and I didn't see Jimmy leading anything. 

3,980 yards / 27 TD for a Super Bowl team. 

Minshew's best season was on par with what AOC did last year with an offensive guru HC / elite OL / and top tier rushing attack. 

There's a reason why Jimmy G has gotten sizeable contracts and Minshew is getting paid peanuts, there was hope of potential with Jimmy, Minshew is the definition of a JAG QB. Any time he has been asked to be a high volume passer his team has struggled, I mean there's a reason why he's 1-8 in games with 300+ passing yards. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There's a reason why Jimmy G has gotten sizeable contracts

Our reason was that we had idiots in charge 😁

A prime Jimmy is and was assuredly better than Minshew, no question, but we clearly weren't getting that as everyone here but you knew very well, sorry! 

Neither are 'good' options and I'd have liked to trade up for a kid like McCarthy but alas, it's not desperate and we'll have another chance to land a QBoTF soon. Even with McCarthy for example he probably wouldn't be ready this coming season and maybe we get a better prospect next year :) 

• Like 2

I have a feeling the Raiders are angling for Dak. If I'm the Cowboys, and it seems clear that an extension is not going to happen, it makes more sense to trade him before the start of the 2024 season. Otherwise, they get nothing but maybe a compensatory pick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Our reason was that we had idiots in charge 😁

A prime Jimmy is and was assuredly better than Minshew, no question, but we clearly weren't getting that as everyone here but you knew very well, sorry! 

Neither are 'good' options and I'd have liked to trade up for a kid like McCarthy but alas, it's not desperate and we'll have another chance to land a QBoTF soon. Even with McCarthy for example he probably wouldn't be ready this coming season and maybe we get a better prospect next year :) 

I have a sneaky suspicion we trade for a QB before the season starts in earnest. 

Not sure it'll be a needle-mover, but I don't necessarily buy the idea we're just going to roll with AOC and Minshew and that's that. 

• Like 1